(June 16-19th) 9th ANNUAL MANFAST: BIGGER FASTER STRONGER MORE FIRE ALL THE BACON POSSIBLE EXPLOSIONS AND MAYBE A PLOT TWIST (RATED R FOR RIDONCULOUS)

MANFAST began as a DGN (DetroitGothic.Net) yearly tradition. It was my birthday, and I wanted to see how big of a pull I could get to get dark-alt people to do something a bit out of character. Camping was my idea, figuring the plan would backfire, but I was wrong and everyone loved it to the point where we've been doing it yearly for over half a decade! It's evolved into something completely different over the years. 

If any of the following applies to you:

~ Enjoying the combination of industrial music with a forest setting.
~ Wearing your trenchcoat in the hot summer heat just to keep it real.
~ Frequent places/events such as Small's, Something Cold, City Club, or Necto.
~ Going outside for some sun and fresh air only to park under the shade and avoid everything because the sun is offensive to the darkness within you.
~ You're just fucking weird, spooky, or creepy.
~ Your whole life is one big, black, room...and sometimes that room can even be a camping tent.
~ If you've ever gotten into an argument with someone on why Joy Division is technically post-punk and not goth rock by the light of a gently roaring campfire
~ If you always burn your marshmallows to match the blackness of your mind.

...MANFAST is for YOU!

~THE EVOLUTION~ 
While it started as a simple camping trip, people became way too drunk, way too beligerent, and way too competitive, and now it's basically the fucking olympics if it were a version of the olympics where people got rewarded for being way too drunk and punchy. There's prizes sure, but the real prize? The glory of having MANPION bragging rights for an entire year!

~RESERVING~
it will be a $12 flat rate, per person, for the weekend. 
My PayPal accepts payments: Trenchcoatj@hotmail.com

I ALSO TAKE CASH. CASH IS GOOD. 

If you want to get 90s with this shit, I can always give you my address if I think you aren't a serial killer, and you can send me a check.

~MISCELLANEOUS STUFF~

As time goes by, I will announce a location PRIVATELY to those who have paid me. I ask that you do NOT tell anyone else. Since this year it is going to be modified greatly, you will also receive a NEW packing list full of suggestions.

There will be carpool arrangements for those without a ride, and I'm sure if you offer gas money, that will help you find someone even faster. Let me know if you want to go, but cannot do the drive! 

This used to be an "Official" DGN event, but it's not now, meaning that if you are banned from DGN you can go. The bad news for those banned from MANFAST is that you are still currently banned from MANFAST, but your DGN standing has nothing to do with anything MANFAST related anymore. 

PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL TO NATURE! DO NOT LEAVE GARBAGE BEHIND!

Just now, TronRP said:

Although I may not be going, I still get a kick out of living this event vicariously through the many posts and pictures...:biggrin:

You totally could go.  Just $12 and four unforgettable days of your life is all it takes.  Unless you're me and you drink too much beer, get wasted, and forget all four days every year.

2 minutes ago, Chernobyl said:

You totally could go.  Just $12 and four unforgettable days of your life is all it takes.  Unless you're me and you drink too much beer, get wasted, and forget all four days every year.

LOL 081313.gif

Its far enough in the future, and my lets call it "health issues" are a LOT better than they used to be, which in previous years made it SUPER hard to go to this.   I might be able to do it at least for one sleep over day.  At a minimum I want to at least not just not go at all like I have for like  half of them (or more).  I could man mode it maybe and hook up with god-knows-who and just crash/split with them.  If i did that I'd probably  be in every event there is , and hell make up my own side events in the down time... lol.   Bring your magic cards!!  haha  (kinda serious about that whole thing honestly)

Problem now is Fri/Sat is the only days I make any money.   But this would be a one-off thing and its pretty far in the future. Maybe things will change by then. 

1 hour ago, Chernobyl said:

Troy, how the fuck do I attach images without doing it from an exterior link?  Or is that still not a thing yet for DGN?  HALP

You should have a  "drag images" AND an attach images thing.  There are like  3 ways to do it with the new board software.  When you go to edit Untitled.pngpost you dont have a paper clip in the  lower left?  

Count me interested! (Also, pardon my hiatus) I think I understand your desire for location secrecy, but I am super broke and gas money is an issue for the foreseeable future. If you're willing to PM me the location before I commit, I would be extremely grateful. You can count on my discretion; it is your info to give out, not mine. 

3 hours ago, peelingchrome said:

Count me interested! (Also, pardon my hiatus) I think I understand your desire for location secrecy, but I am super broke and gas money is an issue for the foreseeable future. If you're willing to PM me the location before I commit, I would be extremely grateful. You can count on my discretion; it is your info to give out, not mine. 

You see, I'd normally have no problem with this, but the secret location is SO secret...that I don't even know where it is...yet.

And yes, this is normal, secretly, we do this every year this way :ohmy: When I know, I'll let you know!

On 3/24/2016 at 5:36 PM, Troy Spiral said:

You should have a  "drag images" AND an attach images thing.  There are like  3 ways to do it with the new board software.  When you go to edit Untitled.pngpost you dont have a paper clip in the  lower left?  

Nope...I don't have this.  Mine is broken.