I never go, have not in years. This is the only real 'holiday' for jehovas witnesses. 'The Memorial'

Mainly, the timing was right and my 87 year old grandmother who I rarely see, this particular day is SO important to her. I knew it would make her happy. When they (her and my aunt) came over they were not expecting me to go.

I came around the hallway dressed to go and my sweet Lil grandma started crying and we hugged   and she said (though tears) 'I wish your grandfater was here. I love you.

Seemed like EVERBODYEVERBODY knew me, by name. I hardly recognized a quarter of the people. They know me from when I was a little boy.

Try not to laugh to hard at the pics.

FB_IMG_1458782153335.jpg

Racing out the door with the bible. It didn't burst into flames but my palms were sweating.

rps20160323_214339_307.jpg

I buddies up with this blind guy , we talked a lot. Kept thinking about what a raw deal that is.

Grandma was in the back seat on the way home. We talked a lot. I'm glad I went despite getting nothing from the service itself.

I think I made grandma's like... decade. That was TOTALLY worth it.

rps20160323_214205_237.jpg

*gets more ass hair*

The moral of the story is "be more specific."

I also like the short story "I wanted a bike so I prayed and one never came.  Then I figured out that wasn't how prayer worked so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness."

What I'm saying is you need to steal some hair :p

8 hours ago, Scary Guy said:

*gets more ass hair*

The moral of the story is "be more specific."

I also like the short story "I wanted a bike so I prayed and one never came.  Then I figured out that wasn't how prayer worked so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness."

What I'm saying is you need to steal some hair :p

That's true.   People pray for rain, but they forget to say WERE the rain should be.   So it rains, like all the time... just not where they intended.  lol

Also hell yeah I need to steal some hair. 

• 4 months later...

I went to a Catholic church today for mass. ..right and I don't know much about how mass goes I am not Catholic but It was amazing,  beautiful.  The priest began the homily (I'm learning still I hope I got that right) He starts talking about disagreements and how people will take a life even over minor arguments, because we can't agree to disagree.   He is looking,  I mean I felt right at me even though there is about a good hundred people there and I got teary eyed (my glasses transition so noone could see thankfully) and he starts talking about politics specifically how people will never just stop and listen to each other's point of view and as a result we lose good friends...over this. I thought I would feel weird being there but I didn't.  The lady who invited me seen me at the end and she introduced me to him and I didn't know what to expect or how to appropriately greet him and that woman she called me an angel and some other woman who looked familiar to me started talking to me and said...you were sent here or you are supposed to be here....and she kept this smile, it was ..I can not explain it. I cannot wait until next Sunday. 

Edited by kat

17 hours ago, kat said:

I went to a Catholic church today for mass. ..right and I don't know much about how mass goes I am not Catholic but It was amazing,  beautiful.  The priest began the homily (I'm learning still I hope I got that right) He starts talking about disagreements and how people will take a life even over minor arguments, because we can't agree to disagree.   He is looking,  I mean I felt right at me even though there is about a good hundred people there and I got teary eyed (my glasses transition so noone could see thankfully) and he starts talking about politics specifically how people will never just stop and listen to each other's point of view and as a result we lose good friends...over this. I thought I would feel weird being there but I didn't.  The lady who invited me seen me at the end and she introduced me to him and I didn't know what to expect or how to appropriately greet him and that woman she called me an angel and some other woman who looked familiar to me started talking to me and said...you were sent here or you are supposed to be here....and she kept this smile, it was ..I can not explain it. I cannot wait until next Sunday. 

Honestly if I was just going to "pick a church"  modern sort of "progressive" catholicism has the show.  They literally designed mass over the ages to be as "theatrical" over the centuries to elicit as much of that "spiritual" feeling as  they could build into it, including the "sets".  

Almost every time I've ever been to any sort of "church" (they often arent called that) I've had some sort of hard to explain experience.  But that is (apparently) how emotions and "feelings about things" work, they aren't nessisarly logical. 

Glad you had a positive experience. 

Also ... Hi! 

7 hours ago, Troy Spiral said:

Honestly if I was just going to "pick a church"  modern sort of "progressive" catholicism has the show.  They literally designed mass over the ages to be as "theatrical" over the centuries to elicit as much of that "spiritual" feeling as  they could build into it, including the "sets".  

Almost every time I've ever been to any sort of "church" (they often arent called that) I've had some sort of hard to explain experience.  But that is (apparently) how emotions and "feelings about things" work, they aren't nessisarly logical. 

Glad you had a positive experience. 

Also ... Hi! 

Hi back😉

I feel like if there is a message I need to hear  I will be led in the right direction as long as my alignment remains on this current path.  I feel what I do through my entire heart and soul.  It is like when we fall in love,  we don't know why, we don't know who, we don't know when....until we feel it. Does it ever make sense in our head? To become vulnerable to another person,  to be intimate with them and tell them our deepest thoughts? Not really  yet we do❤

but these are my thoughts and I know that others will disagree with my analogy and that is completely 👍 

Edited by kat

• 4 months later...