I'm back! Old-timers will remember me, and those newer than 8 years on these forums probably won't. 

My name is Chris, or Chrome. My handle comes from a longtime image I've had in my head: the beautiful chrome of the world peeling back to reveal the corroded underside. Anyone with graphic design skills, I'd love an avatar!

Ask me questions. I'll tell no lies, but I reserve the right to not answer.

Yay! I remember you. Although I didn't sign up until 2012. I used to use DGN past posts as late night reading. I truly understand what the Ol' Guard means when they say they miss the good ol' days when the board was alive. 

Welcome back.

smeyat_061213.thumb.png.f6ce4cd6cdd510a7

Hey man.  Yeah there's probably er.. *thinks* 5 people still on from back in the day.  Its pretty calm.  Nice to see ya.  How you been?  I always thought your name came from a short story by William Gibson (guy that basically invented Cyberpunk and coined the term Cyberspace) Burning Chrome. 

I tried to google something up like what you were talking about for an avatar but found nothing good enough.   

We are having an informal gathering on thursday in wayne at The Red Apple , Thursday (greasy spoon type place) if you are free. 

Thanks everyone!

@Troy I've been good, and I've been bad. I took a long hiatus, and discovered much about myself. That's why I'm back: home is where your heart is :) And you're pretty right on my handle source, too. I still go back and read that book.

@everyone is Cherny's yearly campout still a thing? I remember having fun at those.

18 hours ago, peelingchrome said:

Thanks everyone!

@Troy I've been good, and I've been bad. I took a long hiatus, and discovered much about myself. That's why I'm back: home is where your heart is :) And you're pretty right on my handle source, too. I still go back and read that book.

@everyone is Cherny's yearly campout still a thing? I remember having fun at those.

Yep, Manfast is still a thing. And from what I see, it's having it's 9th annual get together. 

On 3/8/2016 at 10:24 AM, peelingchrome said:

More like the only phee for entry here is courtesy.

Lol. 

On 3/9/2016 at 10:22 AM, peelingchrome said:

I'm having trouble finding any current postings about Manfast, can someone link me please?

I'm not sure why there isn't a post directly about it in any obvious place, I'm  rarely able to go and am not directly involved in running it (even though 60-70 % of the people there when I have went are always DGN  related or part of the post-DGN "cloud" so to speak) 

For now there is this:

https://www.facebook.com/events/782660245170364/

Also, cool signature, in case I never said that. 

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, peelingchrome said:

Thanks! Some powerful quotes that are still at the core of my world view. And also Exalted.

Good to see you again. Thought we might have lost you.  *wipes tear from eye* =D

Theres finally a proper DGN manfast post:

http://www.detroitgothic.net/index.php?/topic/38500-june-16-19th-9th-annual-manfast-bigger-faster-stronger-more-fire-all-the-bacon-possible-explosions-and-maybe-a-plot-twist-rated-r-for-ridonculous/

Although you need to go to The Gathering:

http://www.detroitgothic.net/index.php?/forum/5-nightlife-events-amp-concerts/

Probably a bit to far of a drive though if you still live in pinkney. :(

Hopefully we'll see you more often.   Gotta knock some of these top 5 poster people off their high horses. =P