GoFundMe Campaign

TronRP

Shared, my twitter links to my Facebook so its on both. I also asked that people I know share this as well. Hugs.

You are a spitting image of her. You are both so beautiful, she has a beautiful spirit, a glow. 

Thank you again...

gallery_4589_1237_1247.jpg

Exactly the sort of positive things the net can be used for.   *goes to post link*  I'd donate right away but my god damn bank card isnt working, going to have to go down there and chew some ass in the next day or two.  Not that I have a ton to donate (been trying to save a little also for the random acts of kindness).   Poor mom.  :(

I've noticed that the GoFundMe page seems to want everything handled or linked through a Facebook account. Although I do have a Facebook account, I am not sure how I feel about my real life world meeting my online world. Am I being paranoid or selfish for not promoting this to the extreme? Any thoughts...:huh:

make a new facebook account solely for the purpose of creating your gofundme account and nothing else...

I just reshared again.  See if I can get people to spread it around.

Doing my own fundraiser I know it is something you really need to promote to get it out there.  It can be a lot of hard work.  Let me know if I can help in any way.

Thank you for the suggestions and the help. 

We created a "Page" and added it to our mother's Facebook account.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Rhodes-Family-Fund-1629260130676514/timeline/

This experience is a bit scary. I am not used to asking for outside assistance when it comes to family matters. I am still new to this. I want to provide updates, but my stomach is in knots regarding how to say what needs to be said.

When I created the Facebook Page, our mother had not injected anything since Saturday. However, this morning, she woke up and is voluntarily taking in liquids. Her eyes are open and it is nice to see she is trying to talk instead of just moaning in pain.

Monday night, she had a port drip put in for pain management purposes. At current, it appears to be working. 

Does anyone have any pointers on how to post updates about something like this. I really have no idea what people would want to hear about regarding this type of illness. I'm not sure if updates go on the facebook page or the gofundme page or both.

We know she is not going to get any better, so what kind of an update could someone possibly be looking for outside of her passing? 

Any suggestions...? :blink:

The updates will go on both the gofundme page and the facebook it is connected to.  I had one set up to help with my move because I only had about 3 weeks notice about my move and really no savings.  I kind of gave up on updates for it.  

As far as updates for your gofundme, I really don't know what to say.  Try to give a basic status update without giving any really personal details.  Maybe talk about how the rest of your family are handling things a bit, again not to many details.

The updates will go on both the gofundme page and the facebook it is connected to.  I had one set up to help with my move because I only had about 3 weeks notice about my move and really no savings.  I kind of gave up on updates for it.  

As far as updates for your gofundme, I really don't know what to say.  Try to give a basic status update without giving any really personal details.  Maybe talk about how the rest of your family are handling things a bit, again not to many details.

Thankyou, that does help. I guess I've always been better with tributes and memorials because they evoke nostalgia. 

Well, we just wrapped up a family meeting at the HomeHouse. Everyone was there to meet with the case nurse. The nurse basically told us that there wasn't much else they could do for Ma because she must be hanging on for some reason. The nurse told us we all had to give her a heartfelt goodbye so she would know it was OK to pass on. 

I still think they've got it wrong, like they missed something, but what can you do against the U.S. care system. So we all stood at her bedside, hand in hand, prayed and let her know everything was OK. Then we all hung out and came up with our own care game plan for her and then gradually said our goodnights.

It was interesting listening to the nurse say one thing then contradict herself. At least there were 9 witnesses to the conversation this time as we all layed it out there as to how we got to this point with her condition. Now she is at the point where she would have been admitted to hospice care. So now we are right where they want us.

Our mother's memorial service will be this Saturday, October 10, 2015, at Cantrell Funeral Home:

Cantrell Funeral Home
10400 Mack Ave
Detroit, MI 48214
Tel: 1-313-821-9040

Obituary:

Service will begin at 12:30 and end at 1:30 with a repas following at the family home.

Please contact me if you would like to attend the repas.
Thank you.

Our mother's memorial service will be this Saturday, October 10, 2015, at Cantrell Funeral Home:
http://www.cantrellfuneralhome.com/

Cantrell Funeral Home
10400 Mack Ave
Detroit, MI 48214
Tel: 1-313-821-9040

Obituary:
http://www.cantrellfuneralhome.com/notices/Susie-Rhodes

Service will begin at 12:30 and end at 1:30 with a repas following at the family home.

Please contact me if you would like to attend the repas.
Thank you.