Got out of the hospital

Troy Spiral

Sorry to hear you were having problems bad enough to go to the hospital. I am curious though, if you were having problems as strongly as you say, why didn't they admit you?

They actually did admit me but i screamed bloody murder after I decided I was ok (not really but you get the point) and they discharged me after I stiff armed two different doctors explaining that I was fine and would seek legal help if my word wasn't enough.   (I guess they "require" you to stay for at least a day, If i understood the problem right) Even then they said it was against policy and they could be in trouble legally... but fuck em.

My condolences man. I am glad you are feeling better now. I've hospitalized myself before and depending on where you go, it's a less pleasant experience than others.

I wasn't a fan of the treatment I received at an Oakwood hospital years ago. But that's another story for another time.

Are you sure shouldn't have stayed if even just to get some rest? 

Yeah i probably should go in and stay for like a week but then when I get out I might have like... dead people in my life due to their tendencies and all sorts of stuff like DGN, Magic the Gathering card business I'm trying to make a few pennies on would go to shit.  :(

Yeah i probably should go in and stay for like a week but then when I get out I might have like... dead people in my life due to their tendencies and all sorts of stuff like DGN, Magic the Gathering card business I'm trying to make a few pennies on would go to shit.  :(

Well if you have Steam and want to play Magic for free, the annual Duels of the Planeswalkers game is out called Magic Duels Origins and is free to play. It does have coins you can buy to get packs of cards, but the coins can also be earned without spending any money, by simply playing the game.

There was a group of guys at my job that were playing, and still do, but I had to bow out because I remembered why I quit playing Magic in the first place. It's expensive. I played Magic Online for a while, which is cheaper than the paper version, but the casual scene is pretty much dead, so I am glad the Duels Origins game came along. I can finally play Magic for free without having to waste the gas on going to the game store.

Anyway, not to derail the thread, I'm really struggling mentally too, I wish I could afford to see the therapist more than once a month, but it's all I can do with the money I make. My situation might change next year, depending on if certain businesses open up Downriver here, but that's all hearsay at this point.

Hopefully things pick up for you Troy. Life seems to be giving a lot of DGNers a kick in the ass of late.

Well Troy, you have to take time for yourself. When is the last time you have really taken time for yourself to improve your mental health?

Anyway, not to derail the thread, I'm really struggling mentally too, I wish I could afford to see the therapist more than once a month, but it's all I can do with the money I make. My situation might change next year, depending on if certain businesses open up Downriver here, but that's all hearsay at this point.

Hopefully things pick up for you Troy. Life seems to be giving a lot of DGNers a kick in the ass of late.

There is always low cost/free mental health care, and there are services in your area. Here is a link from the Department of Health and Human Services:

http://www.michigan.gov/mdch/0,4612,7-132-2943_52115-203750--,00.html

I hope that helps.