New goth hotspots

• 2 months later...
On 8/4/2015 at 6:16 PM, Troy Spiral said:

Necto seems like the "safest" place but except for A2 people also on average I think its a longer drive for most (I'm dead in the middle) but its... monday ugh, worst possible day for most people.  ha.

My house (and the GFs house which i think of as "my" house) just got broken into so im a bit more concerned about this stuff than i used to be.  Started carrying my pocket knife (which is fairly large) and am saving up for a 9mm also bought a lot of home security crap that I cant afford.

9 is okay but if you can handle it I'd go with a .40 cal Glock.  Mostly because you can also buy conversion barrels to convert down to .357 and .9mm (but you can't convert up for obvious reasons.)

But obviously get whatever you feel comfortable with shooting.  If you want to try out a bunch of different ones you should come to one of our atheist shooting group's outings!

------------------------

Okay, as for the safety of things, I've seen a lot of things over the years.

I-Rock (by Harpo's) is pretty safe because they have security standing around.

Northern Lights is Detroit but it's in Midtown right by CCS and Henry Ford.  There's a parking structure across the street you can't park in, but it does have security that drives around sometimes.  Also I know NL keeps cameras on its lot which is nice.

Small's is okay as I've never had any issues there although I had my truck stolen from out front of Mephisto's once and that's also in Hamtramck, that was in 2004.  I see cops driving by Small's CONSTANTLY too so it's pretty damn safe.

City Club I haven't had any issues with.  The lot is secure and safe (now) and I've been parking on the street lately because I'm cheap and I also have had no issues with that either.

Of course everyone's mileage may vary.  I remember when Nerdcore had her car broken into outside of Luna one night and that's in Royal Oak (although she was parked back in the dirt lot on a busy night).

---------------------

Finally for those who might not have seen it, I did make a thread about things to do: