I'm very proud to say I support Dr. Carson, he grew up in my neighborhood, was poor and picked on, he graduated from my high school, we're my brother also graduated from. I'm proud someone from the bottom, who walked through hell and found his way to rise up has made it to his level of success. I'm not ashamed to say I also like his values, we need to bring some of that back. I'm sure I'll be scrutinized for this thread but I stand by this.

Yeah, that guy like most of the Republican candidates is pretty much off his goddamned rocker.

Snyder was talking about running, but thankfully won't be doing so.

We're so far gone on either side of the political fence, it doesn't make a difference if your Democrat or Republican. All the parties care about are serving the 1% folks that paid to get them there.

I'd much rather vote for someone like Bernie Sanders, who is one of like 3 currently serving Independent politicians in DC. He is running as a Democrat in 2016 but has good ideas for seriously fixing problems and actually at least seems to pretend to give a shit about the middle class.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernie_Sanders_presidential_campaign,_2016

Edited by DJ Nihil

Yeah, no fucking way. Ben Carson (along with all the other Tea Party/GOP candidates) has said some pretty stupid shit in regards to LGBTQ people in this country, along with his sentiments towards poor people, foreign policy and a host of other things. Hell no. Him and all the others running right now do not have my vote.

I don't know enough to comment intelligently but the "core" of the GOP seems to essentially be today  "cranky old mean people" in the way of progress.    Everything I think of as "progressive" or "innovative" GOP seems to be against. 

​You almost hit the nail on the head. The core of the GOP is composed of baby boomers who are stuck in the 1950s and 1960s and Gen X types who were raised to worship the theory of trickle down economics and Ayn Rand style selfishness.

• 6 months later...