Just did my first Uber Partner drive

Troy Spiral

Thought I might have a heart attack due to the stress (health issues) but it went ok. Took me FOREVER to get my mindset calm enough to do it.

If you don' t know about Uber, basicly its a much less expensive version of a taxi service and you can just drive your own car and they pay you to pick people up.

You do have to fill out some forms and get a car inspection but that part isn't hard.

Its not awesome pay but you can do it "whenever you have the energy" basicly you just turn on the app on your phone and it tells you were to go to pick people up.

Tonight was the first night I did it (only did two rides, was too stressed out (PTSD and such) to keep going but there was plenty more work). I'd guess it works out to maybe 6 bucks an hour. factoring in gas and such.

Kinda proud/happy about it just because I actually did some fucking WORK instead of being a disabled loser. I know I won't be able to do it 8 hours a day (or even every day) but at least I might be able to cover some of the meds I need that disability isn't enough for (you are allowed to work a little and still keep your disability , the idea being you can "try" to go back to work and not get fucked out of disability) I've tried to go back to work full time I think 7 times now, still working on it.

You can try it for a free ride as a customer with this code here: https://www.uber.com/invite/ghrjp
If you decide to sign up to WORK for uber for the lova god use my referal code: ghrjp

Upside is the whole process even though it was rough for me (easy probably for a "normal" person) is that i feel like less of a waste of skin. hah =D

Welcome to the joys of being a rideshare driver, Troy. I've been driving for Lyft out here in Colorado since late July of last year. I would strongly advise tying in your earnings with a website called Sherpa Share. Reason being - you pay all of your own taxes at the end of each fiscal year, and if you don't make at least $600 in bonuses during a given year or over $20,000 in income from driving, Uber and Lyft do not send you any kind of tax documentation. I also advise following a person called The Rideshare Guy. This man's advice is almost always on the money - either stick to wealthier areas, or if that's not an option, then follow the alcohol. You can make damn good money working even on a part time basis, depending on what market you live in. For something like Colorado Springs (where I currently call home), it's pretty quiet, but for an area like metro Detroit, you could actually do well if you're smart enough. If possible, go dual platform - drive for both Lyft and Uber. You may very well thank me.

This sounds like a great potential side job. Maybe for more information about this opportunity can be posted in the DGN Classifies.

And by the way Troy...

Tonight was the first night I did it (only did two rides, was too stressed out (PTSD and such) to keep going but there was plenty more work). I'd guess it works out to maybe 6 bucks an hour. factoring in gas and such.

Kinda proud/happy about it ...

I take back what I said before about Lyft. They can go to hell after this weekend's events for all I care. Stick with Uber. At least they look out for their drivers.

hah! What happened.

So far my two complaints about uber are 1 . no phone help line. 2. no tip "function" on the app. supposedly that coming.

This sounds like a great potential side job. Maybe for more information about this opportunity can be posted in the DGN Classifies.

And by the way Troy...

thanks a a lot dear.

Was a bigger deal for me than people realize.

Unforutnately it also made my PTSD kick in worse than It "felt" like. I was hoping to come up with the money for my at least (first months) PTSD meds (which I don't have the card for yet but will soon). By mabye if I was lucky comming up with 100 or so bucks extra a month. Bht the nightmares I've had sense then have benn HORRIBLE , kinda how they used to be before they took away my other med (insurance doesn't cover it)

God damnit. They even have lots of sci research now that says THC and CBD work well on PTSD/Nighmares and by some miracle I have a up-to-date-on-the-ball psychologist. But a quality vaporizer is 200+ (more like 375 for the bests ones) gotta think of it as medical equipment. I found a AWESOME deal on one that costs like 275 buck is at 185 atm on ebay) which will probably sell out before I can calm down enough to buy it and scrounge up like 100 bucks that i still need before he sells out ugh meh. /cry :bye2:

Oh well at least theres hope :peanutbutterjellytime: as I CAN do it , just have to not push myself to hard like have like the last 7 times.

I'm not giving up on uber as a side income to pay for my meds but its not as easy (for me) as I thought it was going to be. I can do it hopefully. though.

thanks a a lot dear.

Was a bigger deal for me than people realize.

Unforutnately it also made my PTSD kick in worse than It "felt" like. I was hoping to come up with the money for my at least (first months) PTSD meds (which I don't have the card for yet but will soon). By mabye if I was lucky comming up with 100 or so bucks extra a month. Bht the nightmares I've had sense then have benn HORRIBLE , kinda how they used to be before they took away my other med (insurance doesn't cover it)

God damnit. They even have lots of sci research now that says THC and CBD work well on PTSD/Nighmares and by some miracle I have a up-to-date-on-the-ball psychologist. But a quality vaporizer is 200+ (more like 375 for the bests ones) gotta think of it as medical equipment. I found a AWESOME deal on one that costs like 275 buck is at 185 atm on ebay) which will probably sell out before I can calm down enough to buy it and scrounge up like 100 bucks that i still need before he sells out ugh meh. /cry :bye2:

Oh well at least theres hope :peanutbutterjellytime: as I CAN do it , just have to not push myself to hard like have like the last 7 times.

I'm not giving up on uber as a side income to pay for my meds but its not as easy (for me) as I thought it was going to be. I can do it hopefully. though.

Just curious, where is your chauffeuring area located and how many miles do you generally cover per customer?

:hrhr:

In trying to understand what the function of a Portable Convection Vaporizer Kit was, I came across this site:

http://forum.grasscity.com/recreational-marijuana-use/177365-how-make-vaporizer.html

Still not as clear as I wanted it to be regarding what Troy was looking for, but I did understand what this site was about.... :rofl:

:hrhr:

In trying to understand what the function of a Portable Convection Vaporizer Kit was, I came across this site:

http://forum.grasscity.com/recreational-marijuana-use/177365-how-make-vaporizer.html

Still not as clear as I wanted it to be regarding what Troy was looking for, but I did understand what this site was about.... :rofl:

hah thanks for the thoughts

Just curious, where is your chauffeuring area located and how many miles do you generally cover per customer?

So far I've only done it twice. Its around western wayne county (Wayne/Westland/Livionia/Garden City) Ann Arbor, Royal Oak/Ferndale are appparently the best areas in the detroit area (but really any place with a lot of people, and at night time a lot of bars (or durring rush hour) is fairly good in detroit.

From what I've read Detroit is one of the "better" Uber cities. Like Toledo for instance you can just sit there waiting for your app to go off for ages (they have'n't really spent any time / ad money in that market yet).

I actually just robbed peter to pay paul and spent money that I was saving for a car repair on that "teir 2" (very high quality just not the absoulte best) vaporizer (Firefly) (as opposed to the REALLY good ones that are hundreds of dollars more) because honestly I need to be more healthy than I am or eventually I'm going to jump off a proverbial cliff. But even now the real cost is the medicine itself. Not the delivery system.

Now to come up with the like 100$ + (probably more) a month for medical-grade and the kinds that I need) cannibinoids ,medicine especially. Random Marijuana is not at all the same, when you need it for medical uses you have to get it from good, reliable , (and not cheap) sources as Canibinoids are a broad spectrum and the kinda crap you smoked in college is not whats going to say, fix Fybromyalga or in my case , hopefully fix or even if I could just get maybe 10% relief from the PTSD.

Having been reading a lot of the research its a travesty that this is not covered by insurance. THC / CBD (some of the more important components of marijuana and needed to ne cultivated properly, help with many different types of suffering, including artritis, glaucoma, nausea, depression, anxiety (PTSD for me) and has NO lethal dose, and despite the misinformation is not in and of itself addictive. Nothing like say, Vicodin or Xanax (which are HARSH) in comparison.

Realized I was in one of my down moods and didn't actually answer the question, well I've still only done it twice. It was in the Wayne/Westland/Livonia area (west side of wayne county) but theoretically I could end up anywhere in SE michigain as Uber is broken up into "regions" of some sort. Suppposedly the Royal Oak / Ferndale, Plymouth , Ann Arbor areas are all really good. (same region as me I've just never driven there) For some reason I CAN'T drive for uber in say, Toledo. Not sure why exactly.

hah! What happened.

So far my two complaints about uber are 1 . no phone help line. 2. no tip "function" on the app. supposedly that coming.

I had two psycho passengers last weekend that I picked up at about 2 in the morning. The wife who originally sent the request was out in the middle of the parking lot screaming at a bunch of people, while her husband was arguing with several guys. They basically beat the hell out of him right in the middle of the parking lot, while I'm standing there yelling for everyone to calm the hell down and head their separate ways. Her husband hopped into the passenger seat, bleeding all over the damn place, while his wife stormed off to scream at the guys who just jumped her husband that she was going to call her brother (who allegedly was a deputy with the county sheriff) and unleash all sorts of hell on them. The owner of the establishment they were at was out there by this point, yelling at me to get them off the property, and I kept telling him I'm trying, she's uncooperative. He elected to open up the passenger side door on my car to yell at the husband, and the husband in turn threatened to hop out and beat down the bar owner. I'm just wanting to get the hell out of there at this point, when the owner first slams the door on the arm of the passenger's husband, and then slams it hard again after he gets his arm back in. At this point, the wife is in the backseat so I just hopped into the car and spun out of there. It dawns on me that I can't get the passenger side window down all of a sudden (the owner of the place managed to bust the cable hooked up to the motor just from how hard he slammed it shut) and also caused two springs and a bolt to pop out, along with minor damage to the interior siding of the door itself. Through all of this, the husband and wife both are giving me horrible directions and shouting at me, and I'm rapidly losing my patience with them. I get a few blocks from their place finally, and I pull over on the side of the street, and my temper is just boiling. I kill the engine and hop out, cancelling the ride on them while they're asking me what the fuck I'm doing. I tell them just get out of my car and walk (it's 35, maybe 36 out at this point and raining lightly but I'm no longer caring), this ride is done. The husband immediately snaps and calls me a soft, fat civilian pussy who doesn't appreciate the sacrifices he made over in Iraq, and I tell him I really don't care, get out before I call 911. They both drunkenly stumble off, yelling back at me the whole time about how I'm a horrible fuck up of a driver, I'm white trash...anything they can think of. I get back home after this, and I'm livid. Part of me is wanting to go back and knock the teeth of the bar owner in, and another part of me wants to go back and beat the hell out of this woman's husband. It took me 20 minutes to fully clean up all the blood he left in my car (while freezing my ass off), and the very next day, I went to a local repair shop I knew was open on Sundays and got an estimate for the damage repairs - at least $2,000 total. I nearly hit the roof. I went ahead and submitted a claim to Lyft, asking that not only this couple be booted off as passengers but that they be billed for the damages to the car (given that their mouths lead directly to all of that happening) and passed along my way. Lyft of course comes back with this bullshit answer that because it was the owner of the bar who did this, they are not taking responsibility. I told them in a reply that what is bullshit is that their psycho passengers got my car damaged because of their actions, and they came back about how the liability is on me. The next thing I did was take the damage estimate and submitted it to Progressive - they are saying right now that it is my fault for this happening and that my premiums are going to go up. I already went ahead and submitted a formal complaint with the police department, and they have detectives right now looking into the matter. Just yesterday, I obtained a copy of the police report and what they documented from talking to both the owner of this establishment and the couple in question, along with a few copies of the photos of the damage done to the car, and I forwarded all of them to both my insurance company and Lyft, but so far Progressive and Lyft are standing their ground on their decision. I was advised to file a complaint with the small claims division of the county court system, and did as much on Thursday morning. Right now, I'm waiting to see what happens, but outside of that, after that incident Lyft can go fuck themselves and their furry pink mustaches as well for all I care - I told them that I'm done the moment I can get a good job offer. It sucks I'm still stuck driving for them after that entire incident, but I'll be more than happy to quit as soon as a job offer comes across my plate (have had to rely on Lyft full time since last September - it's a poor job market out here in Colorado Springs and I'm barely making enough to survive since they completely stopped advertising in the area and cut their rates to almost $1 a mile). I did think of getting on with Uber as well at one point, but between them not doing well in the market here as well, and their car requirements here being a 2006 model year or newer, and their rates being even lower than Lyft here...I'm feeling pretty burned by this whole rideshare thing, and that psycho couple last weekend was for me the final straw. I'm amazed that despite them being all about community, Lyft is willing to throw me under the bus after what their two psycho passengers caused last Saturday.