Thanks for the input I think I have the errors fixed (at least "these" errors).

I had a short skirmish with the emoticons (that is to get their asses out of hiding) ... I lost.  But I'm not giving up.

Still working on a better "post count winner" board.

Still trying to fix bugs with the "visual" aspects of the donation system (the back end of it works fine, it just looks crappy)

There is an overlapping problem with the various user titles which just makes it look messy but re-doing it is a huge job, there are like 50 sub-groups (where you get your "powers" and "titles" from) that can all overlap plus some stuff that is unrelated to your group. 

Too much other random stuff to name off still in the works much of it arcane less superficial issues. 

Mysterious Error Codes Poping up everywhere - Fixed

Lots of glitchy graphics (and only 1 emoticon *sniffles*) - In Progress (bigger problem than you'd think)

Re-adding post count totals and other such details (nods a Tron) - Still trying , the one "Fix" i had caused other issues so i had to scrap it.

Crumby "look" of DGN ... that'll be awhile.  Gotta get all the "guts" fixed first before you put the icing on. 

• 2 weeks later...

Fixed many minor graphical glitches.  

Updated to the latest version of IPB4  (the software the board runs off of)

Updated all our mods to the latest versions (right now thats just the donation tracker and the "total posts" mod... still not happy that you cant click on it to see who ELSE posted. Looking into a solution.

Still working on some glitches with the COSMETIC aspect of the donation tracker (donations actually go through you jut don't see a "donar list" and the status bar doesn't move for some reason.... 

(want to get all this sort of stuff and more taken care of before I switch to a more "gothy"  skin for the board and declare it "the new DGN"

I wish I could work on some of this stuff. I used to design webpages for the Robotic Engineering Class at Wayne State University. I suppose things would probable be more advanced now, but it's still fun to debug programming language...oh joy...

:drool

its pretty complicated (some of it) to the point were you just have to put in a ticket after you've banged your head against the settings long enought to realize its a bug.

I wish I could work on some of this stuff. I used to design webpages for the Robotic Engineering Class at Wayne State University. I suppose things would probable be more advanced now, but it's still fun to debug programming language...oh joy...

:drool

• 2 weeks later...

Still working on the damn donations tracker meter.   Actual donations seem to go through fine (the devloeper has made several small 50 cent donations and it shows  up in our paypal account but the visual tracker still says zero.   Really frustrating.  

Been crazy busy IRL... damn life.   Working on it. 

Praise <someone>  The visible tracking of the donations / donors finally works.   Its a per-goal "top donors" list , unfortunately there is no way to retroactively make the donations.   Sucks but at least there is some progress.   

So that "top donors list" is "top for this months goal" rather than "all time" which wouldn't do what we want it to do anyhow.   *tries to keep working on stuff*

• 3 months later...

I was feeling a bit lost. Due to my extremely busy schedule as of late, I had been reading DGN posts in my emails. However, I suddenly stopped receiving emails. I kind of thought that everyone was taking a break from posting due to the hectic nature of this holiday season. But, after checking in on the board, I see that activity was still continuing. Does this mean that the notification settings have changed?

Wow, that is so strange. Did you maybe somehow unsubscribe  to some of them?

I actually put in a ticket about this from another user.  According to IPB the only way to get notifications is to "sign up" for them (several different ways including account settings as they say what KIND of notification you want.  I have it set so all NEW users get notifications but they said there was no way to re-proactively change the settings except manually by the user. 

Ill loook at your account and try to see if there is anything I can do myself.