you are likely "subscribed" to various threads. happened to me on the last board upgrade, and i've never subscribed to anything, ever. if you look at the top of the page, just above "reply to this topic" you'll see "follow this" - check this for each forum you're receiving updates from, and see if you're listed. if so, simply remove yourself. if not, send me a PM with the info (which forums/threads) and i'll see if i can fix it for you...

​I have done all that. Still getting updates from threads, and it's always a new one, so I can't tell you which threads specifically.

Just changed my email address to one I use to dump things, so no biggie.

just found it - click on the drop-down next to your user-name, top-right of the page and select "followed content". you'll see a list called "topics i follow, and a little square box/drop-down on the right-hand side. click that and "select rows: all". you'll see three options show up at the bottom of the page. click the "X" which is to unfollow.

i just discovered that I've been unwittingly subscribed to 30 pages of post topics. that's 30 pages x 25 topics per page! WTF!? *shakes head*

Troy, can you look into how this happened, rather than requiring me (and everyone else, i'm guessing?) having to unfollow *everything* manually!? huge waste of my time...

Sorry It took me so long taking car of a sick mom and being sick and having only 3 days ish to do it all (I live in detroit like half the week for the time being) and then go do all the housework and whatever its hard to see everything.  I've been slowly working on DGN but not nessisarly posting, theres  a headache with the FTP that is killing me.  hah.  Like the guy spinning 20 plates at the same time.   

I'm assuming the upgrade (some part of it) set the default to  "notifiy me of replys to posts I post in" which is what most forums have (we had it on the old DGN but I turned it off).  I'll probably do the same here once I find it.  But it is a user-based setting   Click on your account/name in the upper right then  

Account Settings > Notification Settings . uncheck the two "automaticly follow" things at the top.  

troy, that only helps going forward - is there/can you find a way to unfollow everything en masse for all users? nobody wants to have to go back and unfollow every single thread they've posted in individually...

​Yeah that was the reason I turned if off before.  I'm not sure how to RETROACTIVELY turn everyones settings on/of (or even if thats possible)  but I'm digging right now to find it so its not on by default. 

Can't seem to find a way to turn the "by default follow it" thing off, board wide for all new users (I doubt theres any retroactive stuff).  I did find a way to at least put anything more than  1 notification email a day grouped all into just one email, but that's not the same thing.   *keeps digging* but I got laundry, sick mom chores and dead tired working against me for the moment. 

Edited by Troy Spiral

Well the donation system now "works fully" in terms of everything in terms of the tracking and the money is secure but theres a bug that wont show the goal (40 a month) until you actually click on  it... long with several other things to fix still.  (including this crappy skin)

Besides the "crappy skin" giving me flashbacks of Resident Evil's "Umbrella Corporation"

large.UmbrellaCorporation_bigger_061715.

The only thing that's bothering me is not having the ability to track the daily posting counts...other than that, I think I may be adapting to the weird...LOL

(Lain reference)

Besides the "crappy skin" giving me flashbacks of Resident Evil's "Umbrella Corporation"

large.UmbrellaCorporation_bigger_061715.

The only thing that's bothering me is not having the ability to track the daily posting counts...other than that, I think I may be adapting to the weird...LOL

(Lain reference)

​I didn't notice the missing "top posters" thing.  I poked around looking for it it don't see a setting for it right off hand , I'll put a ticket in and ask about it if i still cant find it after one more pass through the settings. 

I am still on the job on this one, we need our boar domination weeks!!   I put a ticket in , they haven't been clear if that feature is GONE or i just cant find it, if it is gone, I will find a mod that adds it back somehow.  Thats like, 20% of the reason I check the board.  hah

Edited by Troy Spiral

I have no verification of this from anyone but i get this error often and am working hard to get rid of it , but it doesn't seem to want to go gently into that good night.  Are you (dear reader) getting this often as well?

Sorry, there is a problem

Something went wrong. Please try again.

Error code: EX126

At first, I used to see the "Something went wrong" message very seldom. However, I see it every time I click anything on the board in the past couple of hours.  I just refresh the page or hit the same link twice and voila, I'm in.

At first, I used to see the "Something went wrong" message very seldom. However, I see it every time I click anything on the board in the past couple of hours.  I just refresh the page or hit the same link twice and voila, I'm in.

I get that message all the time.  I have to refresh a few times or close the browser and reopen.

Yeah me too , and even the frequency part has increased.  Looking into it. 

I am still on the job on this one, we need our boar domination weeks!!   I put a ticket in , they haven't been clear if that feature is GONE or i just cant find it, if it is gone, I will find a mod that adds it back somehow.  Thats like, 20% of the reason I check the board.  hah

This apparently IS gone.  What its replaced with is crap (the upvote system) I will remedy this situation.  Will take a modification to do it so it might be a bit.

WooHoo!!! Hello to the "Popular Contributors" section.  Currently it doesn't show daily post counts, but I'm just happy to get what I can...LOL

Still on the actual post count thing.  Just juggling a ton of stuff at the moment (life stuff) damn time *shakes angry fist*

Good thing I brought my ear plugs and hard hat.  lol

Still working on this.. slowly.  So much in real life stuff to do.  ugh. /exaust.    What you see right now is certainly not "the finished product".  Should be saw dust, hammering noises and throw towels strewn around.

Still working on this.. slowly.  So much in real life stuff to do.  ugh. /exaust.    What you see right now is certainly not "the finished product".  Should be saw dust, hammering noises and throw towels strewn around.

Good thing I brought my ear plugs and hard hat.  lol

Conjures images of...

large.underconstruction.gif.scaled500_06

• 2 weeks later...

I must admit, there are a lot of features I'm enjoying from the new DGN upgrades, but I do miss a lot of the old ones. 

So Troy, any news on the status of the progress bars.  I've been dying to know where the percentages are...

Feed the need...Feed the need...Feed the need!!!!

Yes, for those of you who do not know, I'm a stats junkie LOL

I must admit, there are a lot of features I'm enjoying from the new DGN upgrades, but I do miss a lot of the old ones. 

So Troy, any news on the status of the progress bars.  I've been dying to know where the percentages are...

Feed the need...Feed the need...Feed the need!!!!

Yes, for those of you who do not know, I'm a stats junkie LOL

been dealing with a bankruptsy and a sick mother last week or so even though I have been trying to tweak things here and there (like getting DGN to run faster , which it seems to be a bit more snappy , was running like a half dead dog).    Which "progress bars" do you mean?  Thats not ringing any bells. 

been dealing with a bankruptsy and a sick mother last week or so even though I have been trying to tweak things here and there (like getting DGN to run faster , which it seems to be a bit more snappy , was running like a half dead dog).    Which "progress bars" do you mean?  Thats not ringing any bells. 

You do have a lot going on and I hope things aren't stressing you out too much. Ganbatte...

This is the posting with the status bars I was referring to:

http://www.detroitgothic.net/index.php?/topic/38135-the-new-dgn-is-coming/&do=findComment&comment=776387