VBulletin was one of the (many) things we looked at.  At the time the coffin-in-the-nail  aka the deciding factor is that IPB hosts and supports its own software so your never fully stuck just "flying in the wind" or don't really have to pay anyone extra.  The same guys that made the software host and support the software, the plan was to make the "technology" aspect as lest of a headache as possible.  hah

Not sure if that  means "Rex Complex" like... some sort of mental issues, or if its a building name. Perhaps a type of makeup?  Deep questions. 

Lots of behind the scenes stuff to work on much is hard to notice unless you are on DGN constantly and notice little changes.  This definitely wont be the "final" skin. 

Edited by Troy Spiral

Where is the "relationships"? I need to post about my issues. I have issues you know. LOL (I am trying to be somewhat funny here)

The Void swallowed the Inner Hauntings...now it resides within (see above image follow below link) lol

http://www.detroitgothic.net/index.php?/forum/12-inner-hauntings/ 

Where is the "relationships"? I need to post about my issues. I have issues you know. LOL (I am trying to be somewhat funny here)

The Void swallowed the Inner Hauntings...now it resides within (see above image follow below link) lol

http://www.detroitgothic.net/index.php?/forum/12-inner-hauntings/ 

​I managed to suck them back out of the void. 

Single handedly upgrading a 14 year old forum with over 3,300 members and nearly 772,000 posts (as of May 20th), I would say Troy deserves an award, a break and a paid vacation...

He's been working on this day and night putting many many hours into this upgrade. The amount of work involved is staggering to me.

Single handedly upgrading a 14 year old forum with over 3,300 members and nearly 772,000 posts (as of May 20th), I would say Troy deserves an award, a break and a paid vacation...

ty for the encouragement.

Its crazy how much time a small detail takes to get fixed.

At the moment the highest priority (i think) is getting the donation system working.   We don't really NEED a donations system people could just send a few dollars to troyspiral@gmail.com via paypal but that is really half assed.  

Even though we hate FB getting FB to FINALLY play nice with DGN (aka people can either 1.  make a new account based off 1 clicking the "make account via facebooky thing" or they can "link their acccount , meaning they just use the same login for DGN as for FB and when they switch between apps they will stay logged in.   I fought FB for a long time, but at least this way people have a place they can go to that is not so damn TAME as FB and isn't just pictures of babies and people bitching about nothing.    I don't expect DGN (not even sure i want) to get BIG again, just a little bit more active.   FB connectivity will help.

Right now there are a lot of posts that are messed up formating wise, this has to do with the transfer from the old version of IPB to the shiney new version.  If we were a new board it wouldnt matter but converting everything from the old boards format to IPB4 (the new one) is not going as well as hoped and is taking forever with the back & fourth messages between the web host and IPB (the company that makes the software)

ok /end novel  (could go on with that sort of "just get it done troy u noob" stuff all day. xd

Just a heads up of something I've noticed troy (and it may be because  i post from my cell) but when i click on the calendar banner from the events forun all it does is open another events forum in a new window.

Again, not a huge thing, obviously a low priority, and it may just be me, but just wanted to bring it to your attention

Just a heads up of something I've noticed troy (and it may be because  i post from my cell) but when i click on the calendar banner from the events forun all it does is open another events forum in a new window.

Again, not a huge thing, obviously a low priority, and it may just be me, but just wanted to bring it to your attention

​I apreciate the input.   I'll have to look at it, thanks for taking the time.

*keeps workin*

I get an error message a lot when I am browsing through and go back to the home page. It wont show the actual forums, and then I have to reload. The error message says:

Sorry, there is a problem

Something went wrong. Please try again.

Error code: EX126

I am also using the current version of Firefox (just updated a day or two ago) on an XP machine, if that helps.

I get an error message a lot when I am browsing through and go back to the home page. It wont show the actual forums, and then I have to reload. The error message says:

Sorry, there is a problem

Something went wrong. Please try again.

Error code: EX126

I am also using the current version of Firefox (just updated a day or two ago) on an XP machine, if that helps.

​ok cool thanks for the feedback.

They released Version 4 of this software oldschool microsoft style , that is, it really should have been a beta, since I started this thread there have been FIVE "upgrades" (aka bug fix patches) Normally is honestly very just, point and click, all the "techy" stuff is handled by the software or the support team.  But still , fixing most things is on them, I just have to tell them what the probelm is, and/or do a lot of customizing.  Its a lot of work but at least I have them to fall back on.  

Since the upgrade, I've been getting notices about responses to posts via email.

I've changed notification preferences both on the posts and in general. And they still are coming.

Short of changing my email address so the go to an address I don't give a fuck about, how can this be fixed?

you are likely "subscribed" to various threads. happened to me on the last board upgrade, and i've never subscribed to anything, ever. if you look at the top of the page, just above "reply to this topic" you'll see "follow this" - check this for each forum you're receiving updates from, and see if you're listed. if so, simply remove yourself. if not, send me a PM with the info (which forums/threads) and i'll see if i can fix it for you...

Since the upgrade, I've been getting notices about responses to posts via email.

I've changed notification preferences both on the posts and in general. And they still are coming.

Short of changing my email address so the go to an address I don't give a fuck about, how can this be fixed?

​Along with what torn asunder stated, I have also seen that if you go to the "Notification Settings" through your profile image at the top of the page after you sign in, you can pick and choose how you receive messages.  However, I did notice that some functions stated that they were disabled by the administrator.