the board software is FINALLY getting a full upgrade from 3.xx to 4.xx with mobile support and a lot better intigration with picture sharining and such. Also I'll personally try to get over my BS mental issues and do a solid visual upgrade (takes forever even when I'm feeling good) but I'm excited.

Might not happen in the next few days but its all comming.

also the return of a guy that has no name but is the "DGN Mascot" (the little batty guy if anyone remembers him)

the board software is FINALLY getting a full upgrade from 3.xx to 4.xx with mobile support and a lot better intigration with picture sharining and such. Also I'll personally try to get over my BS mental issues and do a solid visual upgrade (takes forever even when I'm feeling good) but I'm excited.

Might not happen in the next few days but its all comming.

also the return of a guy that has no name but is the "DGN Mascot" (the little batty guy if anyone remembers him)

WOOHOO!

Taking longer than expected partly (as usual) due to waiting for people to do things (at the moment I'm waiting for them to upgrade a part of our webhost so that it can then be manually set (by me) then , I can wait for IPB (the place that makes this software we use) to THEN install the newest version of the software so I can then wait some more for a few of the add-on guys (such as the thing that we use for donations) to get installed/updated (not worth doing some of these things manually even though I probably could, better to let THEM fuck it up and then they have to fix it than me doing it). Plus (also) as usual real-life health/life issues.

But its still in the works. Cosmetically I'm wondering if we should continue with this "high tech" style that got started but never really finished (charcoal / black / green) thing, the "oldschool" style (see Tron's Windshield Decal for an idea of what I mean) or the sort if in between B-Horror movie look (like the red business card above)? We can "have" all 3 but rarely does anyone change the default look, so whatever the default is is what people think of as "DGN".

Right I'm thinking they'd think it looks like a half-finished X box with this charcoal/black/green thing. hah.

I'm also thinking the "new" DGN would tippy toe back into a real-life aspect aka a gathering. Not the oldschool hardcore every week or die city club system but maybe like once a month. Something like "second saturday of every month we meet at smalls" or something similar?

more run around between the host (hostgator) and the software company (IPB) its really not anyone "fault" just the passwords and rights and crap they want are ancient and all need to be reset and there was some miscommunication twice. Also I'm now out of town from sunday-tuesday so that slows stuff down even further.

... still waiting.. appparently after all the crap we had to do to get the site "upgradeable" (aka this is an "old" "large" forum, thus needing special stuff) theres an 8 day wait to get the actual upgrade done... (starting I think on the 17th) and this update (upgrade fromm 3x to 4x wont even change the "look" of DGN (or at least probably wont) and will also screw up a lot of customizations (tons of work there) but will add things like much better mobile device interaction, Google and FB (shudder) connection

... still waiting.. appparently after all the crap we had to do to get the site "upgradeable" (aka this is an "old" "large" forum, thus needing special stuff) theres an 8 day wait to get the actual upgrade done... (starting I think on the 17th) and this update (upgrade fromm 3x to 4x wont even change the "look" of DGN (or at least probably wont) and will also screw up a lot of customizations (tons of work there) but will add things like much better mobile device interaction, Google and FB (shudder) connection

Oh troy...not the FB connection! We aren't mainstream! That's the whole point lol

Oh troy...not the FB connection! We aren't mainstream! That's the whole point lol

Where it is true that we are not mainstream, every network and hosting site out there has been convinced that facebook IS the wave of the future and therefore a stigma is attached to any hosting site and/or operating platform that refuses to associate with it.

If there's one thing about mainstream it is definitely its ability to find a way to invade every aspect of what's "happening"... :dry:

Yeah screw FB but its just , "FB for login"  that way the weekend weirdos can just login easier they content itself isn't really "linked".   Like for FB people that know FB is way too tame and they just wanna "switch" to here were they know grandma isn't going to hear them talking about how they just love their new anal rosary beads.   

Part of our sort of "propaganda"  will be something like  "FB is to tame ... come to the dark side of the net instead".   

Edited by Troy Spiral

This upgrade from v3 to V4 of the upgrade is a big one, it has a different way of installing, that is the "needed" files get installed/updated and it slowly converts all version 3 content into version 4 content (which in our case will take days).

THEN after everything is version 4 you can take the "gothing the place up" seriously.   Such as any real change to the color  scheme. All the "rebuild (conversion) stuff just runs to deep to do much of anything until its finished.  

All these bars need to turn Blue  first (and some of them are on day 2 and still not done nor started) 

some_shit.thumb.png.7b3acf05d0ff92ab27fe

some_shit.thumb.png.7b3acf05d0ff92ab27fe

Edited by Troy Spiral

OMG...It's a good thing I'm not working on this.  My need to "watch paint dry" impulse would be in overdrive and I'd be glued to the screen until each bar changed color...LOL

OMG...It's a good thing I'm not working on this.  My need to "watch paint dry" impulse would be in overdrive and I'd be glued to the screen until each bar changed color...LOL

​haha.   it is PAINFULLLY slow. the "behind the scense" tech in  IPB 4  (the one we are waiting for) has a ton of changes from IP3x. 

DGN is sort of "growing" via a slow conversion of its content from "the other dgn"