Mom's Mock Santa Letter to Misbehaving Daughter Goes Viral

By NICOLE PELLETIERE 3 hours ago Good Morning America

ht_santa_letter_float_mt_141217_16x9_992
Mom's Mock Santa Letter to Misbehaving Daughter Goes Viral (ABC News)

Little Lydia Vincent was risking being on Santa's naughty list this year. So in an effort to correct her six-year-old's behavior, mom of two Kandi Sue Vincent decided to send a message.

"She hasn't been very well behaved," said Vincent of Evansville, Indiana. "I saw someone on Facebook who wrote their child a letter from Santa. My husband and I thought it was a good idea so we decided to do it."

Meet the Mom Behind Viral Letter to Daughter’s Stepmother

After printing the letter on fancy paper, Vincent had her daughter read the note aloud:

Dear Lydia,I am sending you this letter to let you know that as of right now you are on the NAUGHTY list. You have 10 days to straighten up and behave to try to get back on the NICE list. This means no more smacking your sister, or talking back to your parents, you also need to clean your room.

I will be watching and getting reports from your parents, I had them give me access to the cameras in the house so I can keep a better watch.

I’m watching,

Santa Claus

After the initial shock wore off, Lydia vowed to change her ways.

"She was quiet at first and then she said, 'I have nine days to get on the nice list,'" Vincent told ABC News.

Much to her surprise, Vincent's brother shared her Santa letter on Imgur.com. The post has received over 2 million views in just two days.

"I put it up on Facebook, but I had no idea my brother shared it," she said. "I'm sure there are people out there that'll say I'm a horrible mother, but I just want Lydia to earn her Christmas. I'd rather do that than be the parent who cancels."

With all the restrictions on how you can raise your own child in today's P.C. society, parents need some kind of power to maintain some form of respect from their spawn, so if it comes down to a threat from Santa, so be it...kudos!!

I'd have a remote controlled gas powered roaring monster machine in the basement that would pound on the basement door when I pressed the button. "You don't want "To Make the basement monster angry do you????" *bang bang bang * on the basement door. Shape them kids right up. lol

I'd pay money to see that!!!!

:rofl: