America by heel height

• 4 months later...

For the state of Michigan that is about right. Although, with doctors informing people to lower their heels due to injured achilles tendons, more people are wearing heels around 2 inches or less.

Or the podiatrist restricts you to 1/2" heels after diagnosing you with fallen arches...

• 10 months later...
On 2015/3/5 at 2:58 AM, Trene4000 said:

For the state of Michigan that is about right. Although, with doctors informing people to lower their heels due to injured achilles tendons, more people are wearing heels around 2 inches or less.

Do you often wear high heels at ordinary times? How tall heel is appropriate? (beautiful and not tired)

On 1/15/2016 at 3:44 AM, stantest said:

Do you often wear high heels at ordinary times? How tall heel is appropriate? (beautiful and not tired)

My heels are lower than one inch now due to injuries.  However, a heel no higher than two inches is acceptable for practically any occasion.  A thick heel for business, work, attending sports events (if you're not wearing sneakers), or when standing for long periods of time (when you don't want to wear a low heel).  A narrow heel is acceptable for nights clubbing, dancing, or attending indoor weddings.  Never wear brand new heels to any event.  When you purchase them, wear them around the house for fifteen minutes first then add ten minutes each day until you can comfortably wear them for an hour without any pain.  So make sure to give yourself plenty of time to break in those new shoes before the event you want to wear them to.

I hope that helps.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The idea is not comfort. If that was the idea then we'd all just wear old lady dusters, housecoats and the butt ugly athletic tennis shoes that they make these days (which I actually need. I tore up 2 pairs from payless in less than 2 years and just exercise in my socks or no socks in the house now as all I have left is dress shoes. lol).  It's about style.  (Not judging either way just saying)

The above graph is kinda just silly due to the fact that its the whole state.  LA, NYC, CHI, East Coast Florida, Beverly Hills places like that all have higher heel averages but when you average it out over the whole state it gets meaningless. 

67c42eb1b9b2723ae23b25657529d021.jpg262870c381c1243968b40fe3505b4d9c.jpg15611255339_a1989cbabe.jpg(LOL)

OMG 10 minutes of looking at shoes and I'm good for like 5 years.  Ugh! lol.