Recommended TV Programs ? (non animated)

Some suggestions:

Cosmos (With Carl Sagan)

The Prisoner

The Twightly Zone (original)

Deadwood

Hyperdrive

Red Dwarf

The Walking Dead

Firefly

Battlestar Galactica

Game of Thrones

Caprica

Dr Who

Torchwood

Rescue Me

... i could go on for another 30 suggestions but this is just what popped into my head.

Edited by Troy Spiral

Some suggestions:

Cosmos (With Carl Sagan)

The Prisoner

The Twightly Zone (original)

Deadwood

Hyperdrive

Red Dwarf

The Walking Dead

Firefly

Battlestar Galactica

Game of Thrones

Caprica

Dr Who

Torchwood

Life on Mars

Rescue Me

Archer

... i could go on for another 30 suggestions but this is just what popped into my head.

Archer is animated...

These are some that I watch

Face-Off

Creature Shop

Lost Girl

Dominion

Warehouse 13

Star Gate SG-1

Destination Truth

Rev.

Drop Dead Diva

Blackadder

Hemlock Grove

Buffy The Vampire Slayer

Witches of East End

Cake Boss

Edited by eatdirt426

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Forgot about Blackadder and SG1 , goood stuff.  

I think I've narrowed it down to 5:

Deadwood

BSG

Game of Thrones

The Walking Dead

Firefly

Haven't seen them?  Stop what your watching till  you have.  =P

Honorable Mentions: The Shield, The Wire , Rescue Me , Boston Legal, Lost , Caprica and almost a crime to put them here but, >>>> Carl Sagan's- Cosmos <<< ! and The Original Twilight zone.  

Shows like The Wire are the regular "cop detective story" if it was written by like Shakespeare.    

Archer is animated...

These are some that I watch

Face-Off

Creature Shop

Lost Girl

Dominion

Warehouse 13

Star Gate SG-1

Destination Truth

Rev.

Drop Dead Diva

Blackadder

Hemlock Grove

Buffy The Vampire Slayer

Witches of East End

Cake Boss

Got rid of Archer didn't realize i broke my own damn topic.  hah.    I've tried for YEARS to like Buffy, as most everyone that I usually agree with on what they like seems to like it, I just can't seem to deal with it.   I just keep thinking "yeah right" thats how that would happen.  (900 year old demon say, killed in the course of one episode by little superpower buff) yeah ok... how did he get to be 900 years old again?  XD

The Books more than the show but the show is still good... Game of Thrones that is, is Lord of the Rings for adults, with a minimal amount of elves and dragons and magic, so when that stuff does happen its a big deal, plus.. seriously... not for the kiddies.  (Unlike LotR)

Edited by Troy Spiral

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/30/2016 at 4:54 PM, Destroit said:

Nobody has mentioned either "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" or "Trailer Park Boys".  This hurts me in unmentionable ways.

Watched both of them extensively, despite snob objections once even.  I think i've seen every Trailer Park Boys thing there is, and I watched all of "its always sunny"  "first sires".   But, i couldn't put them on a  "best tv" type list.  heh.   

On 4/2/2016 at 6:10 PM, Irrationalmonster said:

The X-Files

Firefly

OZ

Breaking Bad

Daredevil

All great stuff, except Daredevil I can't comment on as I've not seen it, I do know it gets good reviews that and The Flash seem to be the two most of the "critically acclaimed" current-run superhero shows. 

Oz and Breaking Bad should have been on my first.

Just because (and its good) its the show that sort of kicked off the current wave of "movie quality television : The Sopranos. 

4 hours ago, Troy Spiral said:

god damnit , thats canceled?   Fuck.   (still have the "last" season to watch i guess)    Another really good show anyone reading this should check out. 

Actually the last season was pretty good.  They actually ended it, and it wasn't some Blake's 7 bullshit ending either (because when I think bad endings I think of that literal shit-show.)

I will say one thing about the ending left me uneasy, at the very end should not have existed.  It's about as much as I can say without spoiling it.

On 4/6/2016 at 6:46 AM, Scary Guy said:

Actually the last season was pretty good.  They actually ended it, and it wasn't some Blake's 7 bullshit ending either (because when I think bad endings I think of that literal shit-show.)

I will say one thing about the ending left me uneasy, at the very end should not have existed.  It's about as much as I can say without spoiling it.

Still working on it, almost done.   I have a vague idea of where its going.   When Keira kind of says "we are making this up as we go along" as opposed to what they had been doing all along... that is assuming that the corporate congress and such would become real if they didn't stop it, that changed the tone.  It was like ... well none of that shit matters anymore, time is gonna do what it wants to, we just need to do what we think is best right now, not worry that what we do won't change this inevitable future(s).... which was the whole thrust of the show up until then.