I personally want to thank all the people who kept the place up while so many loss interest (for whatever the reason). In the past few days I've really remembered how much fun this silly little place could be. So once again, Thank You

TronRP

Eaglerose

Soulrev

Creature

Some chick named Kat (seems like a weirdo to me :p )

iF THERE'S ANYONE i FORGOT, tHANK yOU,

sLOGO

(ugh..... see signature for explanation of caps lock)

I personally want to thank all the people who kept the place up while so many loss interest (for whatever the reason). In the past few days I've really remembered how much fun this silly little place could be. So once again, Thank You

TronRP

Eaglerose

Soulrev

Creature

Some chick named Kat (seems like a weirdo to me :p )

iF THERE'S ANYONE i FORGOT, tHANK yOU,

sLOGO

(ugh..... see signature for explanation of caps lock)

yea that chics weird.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey thanks for the recognition! I've really enjoyed my time here at DGN I've met a lot of cool people and though I've taken a few breaks due to life, I believe I've been on this board for about 12 years now. I know my profile says October of 04, but I know the board was changed over sometime around then and my original join date was lost. I know for sure I joined before I went to Disney World in '03 because I remember posting pics of my trip. Anyhow, yeah, it's been a great 12 years and I'm glad to see folks are still here with me.

Hopefully one of these days (wallet and work permitting) I will make the trek out to the D for some City Club, or maybe a different venue since all I've ever been to is CC and honestly the past few times I've been there in the past 2 years, it's been dead and just sucks now.

Anyway, thank you to everyone for putting up with me over the years :D

-Brian

You're welcome, dude!

I'm a total noob though and not all that helpful. Just hopin to find some new concert buddies more than anything, and maybe some other chicks who can appreciate a nice sense of fashion :)

I just gotta say that I realize more and more how hard it is to find new friends. I moved a lot growing up, 3 different elementary schools and 4 different high schools, so what little good friends I have are within the past few years. Even they don't have all that much in common with me.

And now at age 24 I feel like a total creeper asking for girls' numbers. Why is it so weird if I think someone's cool and wanna hang out some time? Some things my boyfriend just can't be talked with about. I just want a same sex pal who knows when I make a gothy literature/movie/music reference.

Anyways, hoping I haven't scared people away. You all seem pretty tight, as people and with eachother.

/rant

Edited by Carpe Mortem

You're welcome, dude!

I'm a total noob though and not all that helpful. Just hopin to find some new concert buddies more than anything, and maybe some other chicks who can appreciate a nice sense of fashion :)

I just gotta say that I realize more and more how hard it is to find new friends. I moved a lot growing up, 3 different elementary schools and 4 different high schools, so what little good friends I have are within the past few years. Even they don't have all that much in common with me.

And now at age 24 I feel like a total creeper asking for girls' numbers. Why is it so weird if I think someone's cool and wanna hang out some time? Some things my boyfriend just can't be talked with about. I just want a same sex pal who knows when I make a gothy literature/movie/music reference.

Anyways, hoping I haven't scared people away. You all seem pretty tight, as people and with eachother.

/rant

:secret:

Hey...here's a secret, I've only been on the board going on 2 years as of July 17th. To be honest, I learned about most of the Ol' Guard from posts they started nearly a decade ago (for some). It just feels like I know most of these members from the stories and life experiences they cared to share here.

And in my opinion, you too can consider yourself to be one of the "pretty tight" people

You're welcome, dude!

/rant

Hey, I met most of my close friends on here. Friends that have made me wonder how lucky I have been to have met such awesome people.

Be careful though. I've met some pretty messed up people here too. People who make me question if I want to be here because they creep me out. But then I realize..........

They're the same people :teehee:

I just gotta say that I realize more and more how hard it is to find new friends.

When I look over my friends list on Facebook, I see an interesting trend. About 10% is family. Another 10% is high school. About 15% is college. There's about 5% from work. Around 20% is from various other sources, interests, hobbies, and such. Then the highest percentage of about 40% is from DGN. Granted, these are just quick estimates because I didn't want to spend the time actually analyzing things.

There's another post around here somewhere from a few weeks back where I was trying to think of all the married couples I know who met each other on DGN. My wife and I are one of them.

yea that chics weird.

But we like em that way.

Hey thanks for the recognition! I've really enjoyed my time here at DGN I've met a lot of cool people and though I've taken a few breaks due to life, I believe I've been on this board for about 12 years now. I know my profile says October of 04, but I know the board was changed over sometime around then and my original join date was lost. I know for sure I joined before I went to Disney World in '03 because I remember posting pics of my trip. Anyhow, yeah, it's been a great 12 years and I'm glad to see folks are still here with me.

Hopefully one of these days (wallet and work permitting) I will make the trek out to the D for some City Club, or maybe a different venue since all I've ever been to is CC and honestly the past few times I've been there in the past 2 years, it's been dead and just sucks now.

-Brian

Good to have you around sir.

You're welcome, dude!

/rant

Good to have you around.

'at age 24' haha. Most people i know (including myself) don't really start to know their head from their backside until about 20. Wouldn't even think twice about "being old". Honestly. :)

At some point someone always rubs someone the wrong way, and depeding on their personality it can turn into a big drama, or nothing at all becomes of it. We tend to have a lot more people in that second group than the first. :)

:secret:

Hey...here's a secret, I've only been on the board going on 2 years as of July 17th. To be honest, I learned about most of the Ol' Guard from posts they started nearly a decade ago (for some). It just feels like I know most of these members from the stories and life experiences they cared to share here.

And in my opinion, you too can consider yourself to be one of the "pretty tight" people

Heres another secret: Tron Rocks!

When I look over my friends list on Facebook, I see an interesting trend. About 10% is family. Another 10% is high school. About 15% is college. There's about 5% from work. Around 20% is from various other sources, interests, hobbies, and such. Then the highest percentage of about 40% is from DGN. Granted, these are just quick estimates because I didn't want to spend the time actually analyzing things.

There's another post around here somewhere from a few weeks back where I was trying to think of all the married couples I know who met each other on DGN. My wife and I are one of them.

Nice to see this pointed out.

That seems to be fairly common, even if many of the people that I see on facebook were never really on DGNers per say, and just showed up on the board like twice, the sort of "DGN Sphere of Influence" seems to cover large swaths of many peoples friend networks. Especially people that were on say 4+ years ago. (Around the time of my last big "get sick" episode and I just didn't have the motivation to keep up the constant recruiting and real-life socializing) .

At any rate I'm grateful for your continued presence.

I met my fiancee right before i joined dgn, but we may not have ended up together without dgn

Hopefully we had some small positive effect at some point over the years. :) Glad to have you around sir.

-Brian

I didn't realize that part about your join date. For a long time after we switched over the old board was still accessible but due to the whims of the EzBoard (Later changed to "Yuku" (2009)) the data now seems all lost. I cant seem to find an archived copy of it anywhere, and there was no way to backup the actual user account data anyway. (That kind of crap is one of the billion reasons we switched). I had updated the join dates of as many of the old ezboard people I knew about to have the same join date here but I know I didnt catch everyone. I could , if you want just change the date to whatever your best guess is. :)