WELCOME BACK DGN ROCK STARS!!!!!!!!!

I was so excited to see so many original DGNers posting today that I felt the original welcome back shout out definitely warranted a re-posting.

Original "Welcome back!" thread re-posted by permission:

torn asunder

just wanted to say hi to so many of the "old guard" who've stopped in today. really good to see yous guys!

:welcome:

Posted Today, 01:10 PM
Tyger
photo-thumb-3974.jpg?_r=1403788943
I've really missed it in here. *nods*
Posted Today, 01:20 PM
Raev
av-3118.jpg?_r=0
It's been a while
Posted Today, 01:45 PM
Slogo
photo-thumb-3181.jpg?_r=0
Hello all
Posted Today, 02:00 PM
TheLordOfSins
av-3178.jpg?_r=0
*WAVES!*
Posted Today, 02:00 PM
pomba gira
av-208.jpg?_r=0
Been many moons! LOL we all got nostalgic today .
Posted Today, 02:50 PM
jynxxxedangel
photo-thumb-1079.png?_r=1392256862
Like a great, black, Victorian velveteen shawl, the elders of the flock settle to roost in the old place.
Posted Today, 03:00 PM
prick
av-3245.jpg?_r=0
Im still a pRick!
Posted Today, 04:20 PM
freydis
av-2695.jpg?_r=0
:p
Posted Today, 04:39 PM
Spook
av-650.jpg?_r=0
Welcome back? We never left. What are you talking about?
Posted Today, 04:55 PM
Anna Phylaxis
photo-thumb-4556.jpg?_r=1403812115
^I see that you still carry my signature suggestion ;)
Posted Today, 04:58 PM
Spook
Heck yeah, it's still one of my best lines.
Posted Today, 05:01 PM
Anna Phylaxis
Because it was so damned GOOD.
Posted Today, 05:05 PM
Raev
Wow...looking at my profile pic here...geez I've aged.
Posted Today, 05:16 PM
TitsMcGee
photo-thumb-3172.jpg?_r=1358374901
Hiya
Posted Today, 05:21 PM
Troy Spiral
av-1.jpg?_r=0
Tyger, on 26 Jun 2014 - 1:20 PM, said:
I'v e really m issed it in here. *nods*
Slogo, on 26 Jun 2014 - 2:00 PM, said:
Hello all
TheLordOfSins, on 26 Jun 2014 - 2:00 PM, said:
*WAVES!*
pomba gira, on 26 Jun 2014 - 2:50 PM, said:
Been m any m oons! LOL w e all got nostalgic today .
jynxxxedangel, on 26 Jun 2014 - 3:00 PM, said:
Like a great, black, Victorian v elv eteen shaw l, the elders of the flock settle to roost in the old place.
prick, on 26 Jun 2014 - 4:20 PM, said:
Im still a pRick!
freydis, on 26 Jun 2014 - 4:39 PM, said:
:p
Spook, on 26 Jun 2014 - 4:55 PM, said:
Welcom e back? We nev er left. What are y ou talking about?
TitsMcGee, on 26 Jun 2014 - 5:21 PM, said:
Hiya
..Apparently there is a limit to how many quotes you can have.. UGH!!
I love all you guys, like it or not. *SQUEEZE*
Posted Today, 05:47 PM
Troy Spiral
So much for my theory that people wont reply to a "general" welcome. lol
Posted Today, 05:49 PM
Raev
We will when we are feeling nostalgic on a Throw Back Thursday .
Hi, Anna Phylaxis!
Posted Today, 05:52 PM
Troy Spiral
Hi Anna!
Posted Today, 05:56 PM
Troy Spiral
Somehow i manage to rub some people the wrong way even though I honestly go OUT of my way to try and be nice. Hell i preach the good word of trying to be more polite in a world of rudeness. Just .. can't seem to help it sometimes, it just happens. :( Bad part is when you have no chance to "fix it" because the person that is miffed essentially just wont listen and every thing you say after, they somehow just turn into something bad no matter what you do.
Posted Today, 05:57 PM
Lillylu29
av-2717.jpg?_r=0
*Dusts off old chair* sits back in the corner Greetings old friends....
Posted Today, 05:58 PM
Troy Spiral
Raev, on 26 Jun 2014 - 5:16 PM, said:
Wow ...looking at m y profile pic here...geez I'v e aged.
Even the few times i've seen you in real life, i still have that picture right there in my mind. =D
Anna Phylaxis
Well, hello there ;)
Raev
Troy Spiral, on 26 Jun 2014 - 5:58 PM, said:
Even the few times i've seen you in real life, i still have that picture right there in m y m ind. =D
Only because it's been a couple of years since you've seen my fat ass lol
Posted Today, 05:59 PM
Anna Phylaxis
Raev, on 26 Jun 2014 - 5:59 PM, said:
Only because it's been a couple of years since you've seen m y fat ass lol
You meant to say "phat," right?
Posted Today, 06:01 PM
Troy Spiral
*waves!
I have gone to find myself... If I should return before I come back.. Please keep me here!
Its like all my children cause its daytime dramma ~Slogo 11/28/09
Mmmm you smell like french fries, The kind I wanna dip in Ranch. ~OMG 12/19/09
High Five for Titties~Vangogh 02/13/10
How far do you think I can throw this Kit Kat? Slogo~03/01/10
I bite you scream its all good :)
If looking back hurts you, and looking forward scares you. Then look beside you and I will always be there for You!
This is... lol, lol, lol, lol, lol, runs!, awe.
Posted Today, 06:02 PM
Raev
Anna Phylaxis, on 26 Jun 2014 - 6:01 PM, said:
You m eant to say "phat," right?
If only!
In that picture, I was 27ish, 6'4" 190lbs.
In late December I was up to 233lbs.
Around then I got sick of being out of shape, started powerlifting (I still lift like a bitch - but I'm consistant!) and have cut back down to 213.
Posted Today, 06:03 PM
Troy Spiral
Raev, on 26 Jun 2014 - 5:59 PM, said:
Only because it's been a couple of y ears since y ou'v e seen m y fat ass lol
I've put on quite a few pounds. (Which im now trying hard to get rid of) Just one more reason for me to stay at home and hid my ugly corpse! Ugh! Bad!
Posted Today, 06:03 PM
Anna Phylaxis
I'm a gym rat. I like it ;)
Posted Today, 06:05 PM
Raev
Anna Phylaxis, on 26 Jun 2014 - 6:05 PM, said:
I'm a gy m rat. I like it ;)
I am, now.
I did Stronglifts 5x5 for 5 months, recently switched over to 5/3/1 programming. I just recently did my first
powerlifting competition (22nd of 27 overall as a novice) and get excited about deadlift day lol
Posted Today, 06:09 PM
Anna Phylaxis
Raev, on 26 Jun 2014 - 6:09 PM, said:
I am , now .
I did Stronglifts 5x5 for 5 m onths, recently sw itched ov er to 5/3 /1 program m ing. I just recently did m y first
pow erlifting com petition (2 2 nd of 2 7 ov erall as a nov ice) and get excited about deadlift day lol
Nice! I'm considering CrossFit. I think that it will help me with roller derby .
Posted Today, 06:15 PM
Raev
Do you deadlift? It hits the glute and hamstring muscles pretty hard, as well as the back. The pushing motion on the skates is powered through the glutes and hams, so it could help there.
Posted Today, 06:20 PM

imbackbaby.jpg

I'll be honest, I've missed ya! We didn't see each other around often but I always liked running into you either on here or IRL.

Even I have come back.

Woohoo!

Aww ... they like us. They really, really like us.

I wuvs you all!

At least TronRP likes us, right? :)

One of the moderators apparently was aware that many people came back with the specific intention of being assholes, planned i guess on FB.But our mod was in a bad mood apparently and overreacted as there are plenty of good natured people that are around as well. I wasn't on DGN for the last 24 hours or so.

I spend most of my time trying to be a nice person, have i come off the wrong way unitentionally ? Sure. But who hasn't. I don't hold a grudge against anyone for all that long. People change. One of the reasons I didn't mind letting DGN become so much lower-activity than it used to be (besides my health going to shit) was the drama just wasn't worth it to keep it a "bigger" place. Too stressful.

For whatever reason , people just cant help themselves from being pre-meditated being jerks. Something that might have been attractive to me when i was 16 but not now that i know how little the world needs more douchebags. Why do people continue to act like this as adults? Not enough hugs as kids is my only (actually serious) guess. Which is just hell, bad for your life and the planet to act that way. We don't need any more rude people in the world, there are plenty.

Hell, still love all you guys,

even the jerks (who I don't even know who they are really, as i cant assign someone being a jerk like 6 years ago to them STILL being jerks now, everyone changes).

One of the moderators apparently was aware that many people came back with the specific intention of being assholes, planned i guess on FB

Misinformed, he was. Yes, there was FB goings on. For Throwback Thursday, the eternal posted his original DGN introduction post and said, "Remember when?" That spawned over 1,000 replies of nostalgia. Jynxxxedangel and I said that we should all log into DGN and post as if we had never left. A bunch of people thought that was a good idea, and here we are. That was the plan. There was no plan for assholery. Some people may have only posted on that one day, but many of us realized just how much we missed this place and planned on sticking around to see if we could rekindle the good ol' days.

Misinformed, he was. Yes, there was FB goings on. For Throwback Thursday, the eternal posted his original DGN introduction post and said, "Remember when?" That spawned over 1,000 replies of nostalgia. Jynxxxedangel and I said that we should all log into DGN and post as if we had never left. A bunch of people thought that was a good idea, and here we are. That was the plan. There was no plan for assholery. Some people may have only posted on that one day, but many of us realized just how much we missed this place and planned on sticking around to see if we could rekindle the good ol' days.

sorry, got to call you on that spook. you were the one who suggested the one day posting and not coming back...there were two others who jumped on that band-wagon as well, one of whom i'd forgotten had, but i never expected to...

sorry, got to call you on that spook. you were the one who suggested the one day posting and not coming back...there were two others who jumped on that band-wagon as well, one of whom i'd forgotten had, but i never expected to...

Are we seriously going to try to argue about this? We came back because some of us haven't been in contact, and we missed old friends. We also remember how awesome this place was at one time, and there is always hope that it can and will be that again. We have not been weenies in the least, but here we go with the need to "call" people out on things. You could have done this in a private message. Maybe this kind of thing is why people left in the first place.

Am I going to get banned for this now?

I'll admit, when someone first brought up the "wouldn't it be a gas if we all showed up, posted for one day, then went back to life?" (I don't think it was spook but I don't recall who it was) I was up for it, just thinking it would be odd and quirky. As the day progressed and I came back here to post, I backed off of that and commented that it felt too mean spirited and that I actually kind of missed the place. I took the stance that I'll give it another run, because DGN has been good to me.

I left this site in anger over a situation I don't feel the need to rehash. I didn't think initially that I missed it but once I logged in and started remembering all the fun I had and the friends I made, it kind of made my heart ache to interract with them all again.

So midnight came and went and I'm still here.

sorry, just irked me to see a half-truth posted as the whole truth. it's obvious to me that anything i say is going to be jumped on as being out of line, so i'm going to stop posting for a bit. i hope you'll all continue to enjoy the board, and i'll do my best to stay in the background and not get in the way. :)

sorry, just irked me to see a half-truth posted as the whole truth. it's obvious to me that anything i say is going to be jumped on as being out of line, so i'm going to stop posting for a bit. i hope you'll all continue to enjoy the board, and i'll do my best to stay in the background and not get in the way. :)

You sound as though your torn asunder! *giggles*

Torn, I hear ya. When bits and pieces come in, its hard to keep everything straight, especially when not everyone is on the same page.

I try not to be on FB any more than short bursts because it was sucking too much of my day, so I did not see any of the "hey, lets get back on for a day" business, and knew nothing about that. I heard people were getting back on, and thought, with a happy face, "why not?"

TronRP gave us all a very hearty Welcome Back, as did LilyLu, and that was truly appreciated.

We're back. Some of us will stay, some of us won't.

Can we all please just embrace it, go with it, and have a good time?
http://f.kulfoto.com/pic/0001/0020/8L7VS19504.jpg

Edited by ~Tszura~

I just really want to say, regardless of all the behind the scenes, I am really enjoying getting a first hand look at the legendary activity of everyone on DGN that I have only been reading about in posts of old.

In my opinion, all postings are worth it, whether good or bad, as they represent us at that particular moment in time in our lives (some of which never to be repeated again)...

...that was the main reason behind the driving force that prompted me to want to recreate this thread for all of you. Unfortunately, my dyslexia started kicking up something fierce some time into it so I was worried I wouldn't be able to do the original thread justice (that and the fact that there is a limit to how many images you can paste into one posting...)

Although I have only met a couple of you in person, I feel as though I have known all of you for years just from the legacy in words you've started here in days past...so yeah, I've been geeking out since June 26th...

And with that, I'm putting my heart back into my chest and returning you to your regularly scheduled posting...