Now Watching...

• 2 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, Illuminatrix said:

I recently binged through all seasons of Once Upon a Time >_>

Oh god.  The GF likes that show.  It scares me.  I just keep thinking....  so I could be watching er... anything of substance, but instead I'm watching this.   Same feeling I have when I'm watching The Vampire Diaries. (even though I do like it)  LOL

To think, I used to like Spider-Man before Disney XD got to him. 

large.56db9aaeec05a_ultimate-spidermanvs

I am so tired of the "age" jokes and constant references to bodily functions. And why is it that every superhero over the age of 17 that appears on "Spider-Man's show" (with the exception of Thor and Tony Stark) have to wait for Spider-Man to tell them how to fight, think or even use their own abilities. I mean, really, Captain America had to ask a kid how to fight a foe that's been around since before he (Spider-Man) was born (if you go by the fact that Spider-Man is now eternally 17). 

If anyone has more brains than Ultimate Spider-Man, they are seriously injured and removed from the picture or suddenly forget they are ranked the 7th smartest man in the world and need Spider-Man to guide them by the hand - I'm talking to you Iron Spider a.k.a. Amadeus Cho. And I never thought I'd see the day that Doctor Strange, the Sorcerer Supreme, who primarily protects Earth against magical and mystical threats, was too weak to create a mystical portal between worlds. THAT'S WHAT HE DOES!!!!

How did Stan Lee allow this to happen? I get that TV has to appeal to a younger audience so the youth can believe that they can be rude, look sexy and live forever, but there comes a point where catering to the delinquency of minors for the sake of ratings is just ludicrous. 

I'm over 17 and I'm not dead yet!! Where is the integrity of the Superheroes my generation grew up with?!?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Currently in a "Lab Rats" marathon on Disney XD.

large.57aeb0536726b_disney-lab-rats081316.jpg

For the life of me, I cannot understand why I keep torturing myself like this. When I was growing up, Disney gave me a sense of fun, art and family. Now every teen show that comes on, Disney "teaches" kids how to lie, cheat, act bratty so they can get their way and how to be all around disrespectful jerks. 

Yes, I was a teenager once, but the shows we watched taught us how to be respectful and that one day we too would be adults that little kids would look up to. And even when the main character in teen shows, of that era, did do something boneheaded, they learned their lesson and also taught the viewer a valuable life lesson. That sentiment no longer rings true with Disney.

Lately the only life lesson Disney is teaching kids is how to be sneaky and get away with it because grownups are dumb morons and only matter if that adult has money.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...