Now Watching...

Just finished watching a movie called Bokeh. Β (netflix) Not sure why I watched it it was really random. Β  Basicly everyone disappears from the earth except this one couple... and its BLEAK. They are on vacation in Iceland at the time, which has geo-thermal automated electricity so they are good on that for (i think) the whole movie but other things start not working.Β  Β Much better than the reviews I read though. Β Just don't expect a rockin good time movie. Β Its moderately paced and very unusual. Β Almost reminds me of one of them bizarre WTF japanese movies with lots of staring and music and your like ... damn do I like this or not? Β Vaugely reminded me of Lost in Translation with bill Murray only more bleak (and that movie is pretty bleak).Β 

Godzilla raids again on Elrey.Β  Although the original title was Gigantis, the fire monster.Β  My understanding is that Toho Studios didn't think they could continue with Godzilla since he dies at the end of the first movie.Β  So they did this movie using the Godzilla suit.Β  However fans so loved the Godzilla character and since this monster was the Godzilla suit, they decided to go with the premise that Godzilla is a species of dinosaur, hence in later movies they discuss that subject and refer to the Godzillasaurus species as to why it keeps coming back.Β  Now I can't say this is 100% accurate.Β  I am basing this on things I have read plus references made in subsequent movies lending credence to this theory.

1 hour ago, Draco1958 said:

Godzilla raids again on Elrey.Β  Although the original title was Gigantis, the fire monster.Β  My understanding is that Toho Studios didn't think they could continue with Godzilla since he dies at the end of the first movie.Β  So they did this movie using the Godzilla suit.Β  However fans so loved the Godzilla character and since this monster was the Godzilla suit, they decided to go with the premise that Godzilla is a species of dinosaur, hence in later movies they discuss that subject and refer to the Godzillasaurus species as to why it keeps coming back.Β  Now I can't say this is 100% accurate.Β  I am basing this on things I have read plus references made in subsequent movies lending credence to this theory.

I keep meaning to give Godzilla another chance, its been since I was maybe 20 that I last watched any godzilla stuff. Β But right now I'm working on getting over my peer-pressured out of Star Trek so I can get back into ST.

Currently have a book that explains the "future" that the new movies have not covered and explains why Spock and Nero end up in the PAST to fix... something. Β Leaving behind all Spocks buddies from TOS in the process and how spock gets emotional about it but has to do it. Β For spock, none of it really happened apparently (TOS/TNG) it only exists in his memory. Β Although the "core" timeline apparently is still in effect. Β Not sure who nero is exactly. Β Have a game of thrones book to finish before I get to it. Β  (also have a graphic novel by harlan ellison that tells the version of City on the Edge of Forever he wanted to tell but it didn't get filmed. )

• 2 weeks later...