I swore I would never post here again, and I haven't been on here in ages, but as an old and formally active member here, I wanted to put in my two cents.

For reasons I would rather not get into, (and aren't appropriate here anyway), I can't support this place. And that is based on FACTS, not opinions, not gossip, but cold, hard, facts.

I also got tired of the drama, and there was too much negativity for my taste. It felt like I had been transported back to high school. It got to the point where I simply lost interest.

I met a lot of great people here, and I have many fond memories, but the time came when I needed to move on, so I did.

Peace.

• 3 weeks later...

I can pretty much ditto Bean.

Mostly, I couldn't believe the amount of drama I had to deal with once I met people on and through DGN. In retrospect, some things that happened when it comes to off-board interaction were caused by my now ex-husband and problems he had, and not directly by others as things seemed at the time. But others fed the problems rather than step away and I found myself massively disrespected. I didn't know who to trust anymore. If I regret anything, I regret having met most DGN'ers in person. There are exceptions. But overall, interacting with some people I met through DGN caused me to hate both this board and City Club. I'd gone to CC almost every Saturday from the early 90's through the mid 2000's. It was a home away from home. But it became massively tainted. So I just couldn't enjoy myself there anymore.

But I did meet some fantastic people here. Some I consider friends, some acquaintances who maybe I'd wished I'd been able to know better as well.

I also got very, very tired of certain people's need to constantly turn every thread into a jokefest. I have a hell of a sense of humor, prefer a jolly good time to bumfests. But sometimes it's ok to just let a serious subject be just that - serious. The "LOOK AT ME!!! AIN'T I FUNNY! ISN'T IT COOL HOW I CAN COMPLETELY DERAIL THE THREAD WITH A SINGLE POST" thing was very rude and unnecessary.

I also just plain changed. Some time ago I got on medication that changed my life drastically. I'd suffered from pretty severe depression between 2002 and 2012. The years I lived out of state were the worst. I ended up spending 8-10 hours a day on DGN. The alternative was being nearly bedridden. But that's not me anymore. Hasn't been for over a year. And I just can't bear to sit in front of a computer very long anymore. I've got my life back and other than checking in once in a great while to see if any of the early gens of DGN have popped in, I just don't "need" DGN anymore.

I've always admired Troy for his vision and for facilitating this little virtual "home." I haven't always agreed with his methods, and he can attest to that. ;) I wish DGN were vibrant and active like it once was, honestly. I know it helped a lot of people one way or another, just as sometimes it was the portal to drama and negativity for others.

Long live DGN

Edited by Fierce Critter

I have some great friends because of this place, some people I genuinely respect and admire.

I met my wife at Dirty Show but we interacted on here a lot around that time frame that I actually met her. I feel DGN had a lot to do with her and I hitting it off early on.

I've severely reduced my internet footprint of late though. Two jobs, dealing with my immigration to Ontario, a now teenaged borderline goth daughter, getting seriously into physical fitness and training to compete in the amateur bracket of the caber toss and so on leaves me with very little time for sitting at a computer. Most days, the computer barely enters my mind.

I bear nobody ill will, hold no grudges, real life just happens to dominate me lately.