Need furniture, clothes, etc

(Editing to update ; I still am in need of a lot of things, welfare + massive social anxiety are huge barriers for me acquiring things I need. Though my primary need at the moment is a microwave.)

After my recent stint with homelessness, my belongings have been reduced to pretty much nil.

I have rectified my housing situation, however my apartment literally has no furniture. I am lacking a lot of basic items (I made it through the month using a knife to cut canned foods open, as an example.) My clothing and most of my belongings I had left were stolen by my previous roommate and his girlfriend when they moved out. Some friends have donated some clothing in the meantime, but I am still short of a lot of things and none of it is appropriate for job searching.

I also have need of some basic food items. It is going to be a while before I can afford to be stocked up on most items I would normally have stored in advance (dry items, canned items, I have no spices for cooking, etc.) That is made extra difficult due to food allergies (gluten/wheat/flour, aspartame, cochineal/red dyes, minor lactose issues.)

If anyone has anything they are able to donate at all, it would be greatly appreciated. I am in Windsor, so for many members getting things to me may be difficult.

Appreciated in advance. TY

Edited by 0pheliA

OMG honey I am so sorry! I might be able to get a care packagey together for you with some stuff. Also PM your info and I will gladly WU you some help too! I know how hard it is to ask for help sometimes and I am so proud of you for getting back on your feet but also for being strong enough to ask for help. That takes courage and I respect and admire you so much for that! xoxo You are in my thoughts always ...NOW lets get you really back on your feet...do you need cookware? books ot help pass time? Make a wishlist and lets see what we can do!

goodwill/salvation army stores are great for really low-cost household item such as dishes, silverware, can openers, etc.

Thrift stores are my preferred places to shop, however I try and avoid Sally Anne due to their homophobic policies.

OMG honey I am so sorry! I might be able to get a care packagey together for you with some stuff. Also PM your info and I will gladly WU you some help too! I know how hard it is to ask for help sometimes and I am so proud of you for getting back on your feet but also for being strong enough to ask for help. That takes courage and I respect and admire you so much for that! xoxo You are in my thoughts always ...NOW lets get you really back on your feet...do you need cookware? books ot help pass time? Make a wishlist and lets see what we can do!

I really appreciate it. Ty

Books are always welcome. I need some cookware, for sure. I could use a small pot or two.

Some decor for my walls would be nice. I managed to save my Siouxsie poster and one small framed picture. Bland walls get depressing.

I am used to being on the other end of this, being the one helping people. I had been avoiding asking people for help for a long time, but eventually I just could not get anywhere without it.

okay got the PM so don't fret! Now let me see...books ...? I have a ton ...any particulars or just send you something to keep the mind going? cookware? I got a new set for Xmas so ill send on what I can fit in the box...wall décor? ill see what I can do..

I read mainly science fiction, some fantasy, lots of theological history, atheism book, sciences, and classics. I used to have a pretty massive comic book collection >.> Before everything went to poop in May.

Currently my bookshelf consists of The Iliad, The Odyssey of Homer, and Kraftwerk : I Was a Robot (Wolfgang Flur Autobiography)

The book thing is right on time. Okaasan is going through this "Clean all these out and start from basics" mood (again) and I just can not personally throw out anything of written text...may I send it all to you. You can keep what appeals to you and do whatever with the rest...I'm just kinda dense when it comes to books, newspapers, manuals and the like...

• 2 weeks later...

New situation. Got a mattress for you that has not been used in over 5 years...been in house storage. Unfortunately, I can't bring it to you as I am currently filing to get my passport renewed. Is there anyone who can assist in this delivery or just wait until I can travel to Canada again?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'll help out with anything I can. :rambo: I love traveling. :scooter:

P.S.: I understand about having your stuff stolen. I managed to escape my kidnapper and had to leave all my things behind. The nutjob had been registered as my legal guardian. She tried to kill me later but ended up being arrested. While I was at the police station filing the report, she drove up with the gun in her truck. The officers arrested her on the spot and walked her right inside. Weird world, huh?

Edited by EagleRose

• 1 year later...