NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

Not to mention, this story did not quite make sense. It was as if to say that soda is the number 1 cause of obesity in the U.S. so ban the size. What's next, the "All You Can Eat" buffet? A double or triple deluxe anything?

I guess we can look forward to the Mini Soda everything and Nouveau Cuisine Carryout...

Edited by TronRP

I've actually started making my own homemade syrups. They have no acid besides what's in the fruit I'm boiling, and it doesn't seem to be making my ulcer(s) worst. Decentralization can be an amazing thing. There isn't a Peach-Mint soda on the market, but I've made my own, and it tasted pretty awesome; I called it Chillwave Soda.

Edited by Class-Punk

I have to admire people who have the time to be creative and can step away from mainstream Supply and Demand and do their own thing. Unfortunately, I have no such luxury, as much as I would love it, and am a slight bit of a slave to the economy at this time. In a few years, I plan to be right where I need to be financially and time wise...so yes for someone like me living off a grab and run lifestyle, sadly, these impending limits are rather devastating I hate to say...spend more to buy less or have it cut out completely.

But, this definitely has got me thinking that I need to get out of the consumer rat race. I've done it before I'm sure I can to it again. :hrhr:

• 1 month later...

out of curiosity, why not just make sweet tea?

To be honest, I was actually going for one of the energy drinks when this guy bogarted me at the shelving display and was making such a spectacle of himself that I weighed the odds of just how important it was for me to get another flavor or to just go with what was in my hand...so I went with what was in my hand and figured I'd try a different flavor at another time...

I'd rather save my calories and sugar enjoyment for chocolates and ice cream. But, I do like some carbonation, so I either drink plain soda water or I add a packet of kool-aid to soda water, then sweeten with Stevia. But, they have to be added slowly since it causes a mentos-like reaction. haha

out of curiosity, why not just make sweet tea?

goes with that rat race part of the issue, 3 secons to squirt some liquid into some water as oppose to say 5 minutes to make some tea (or longer). Not that I'm encouraging this kind of thinking. And yes I to drink them MiO things.

Here in the middle east they are really taking up the slack in the soda drinking market...then again health isn't a craze here and, for reasons I can't understand, they don't force their own ideals or values on you here when it comes to this kinda thing. Insha'Allah mentality I guess. For my 2 cents I can say that banning this stuff is not the right answer...I'm gonna die with a smile on my face and that means that a Big Gulp full of Coca Cola is gonna be within arms reach of my corpse.