DGN Night at Leland City Club...When Are You Going?

TronRP

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just spent several days searching for and goth like culture club in Kansas City here and it was a joke. Like more of a honky tonk the size of a trailer. I swear on my life i am getting back to city club at least to decompress and be in an environment that i want to be in after this year of hell.

Long time away. Well I'm in town for a bit, and going to hit up CC.

I remember when this place had only 6 or so members. (My original profile got eaten in the forum switch several years back and about that time I also became pretty inactive).

Troy came up to me at CC with a six pack of Smirnoff Ice in one hand and a card with the DGN addy in the other.

Anyway, my reason being back is very unfortunate but here I am taking care of business and hitting the clubs while I'm here (the west coast industrial club scene has been...... disappointing compared to around here. Went to Necto Monday and we can't pull half that crowd on a once a month Saturday in Portland.)

I should be at CC this Saturday. Might even pop in Friday just to check out whatever it is that is the special event there.

Hoping to get in at least a couple weeks at CC before I have to load up and head back to Oregon. Used to go there religiously back in 2001-2002.

And Labrynth, Star Bar, there were some others I'm forgetting the name of, one was in Royal Oak on Tuesdays......

I miss all that.

What I don't miss is this freakin' humidity.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be back tonight.

If anyone see this. Wearing all black (yeah that narrows it down....), skull n crossbones t-shirt, 3 row studded belt, goggles either on my head or around my neck (Or wearing them if I get lit and wanna sweat my eyeballs while dancing.), and wearing New Rocks (that proly also does not narrow it down....).

I tend to bounce around clubs, so can't say I'll hang in the DGN corner to see if any peeps show up. So just be like "Spacin?" ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Well didn't go last Saturday as the sound system crapped out Friday night. And dancing to all treble kinda sucked (I did anyway for about an hour before giving up though).

I hear though they got a new one, or at least part of it, and it sounds awesome. So I'll be out tonight. Probably the last time I ever set foot in the place too. (I'm sure that by the time I get back to MI next it'll be gone, or maybe not but my days of clubbing will be gone.)

This time next week I *should* be on my way back to OR. Company is coming to pack the place up this upcoming Wednesday and then getting a for sale sign on the front lawn and I'm out. Gonna tell the agent to price it to move fast so I can get on affording that pilot's license.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I think I should consider going again, even tho I have to venture far north into Michigan from my current location. But what's the best night to go there really? I'd like to go while I've still got plenty of cash.

City club is only open Friday and Saturday nights...officially, Saturday night is DGN night at City Club...however, some members do visit on Friday nights. As for myself, when I do get the chance to go, it's usually on a Saturday Night...Not specific, but I hope that helps... :biggrin:

• 1 month later...