Small teashades.

I don't understand why people don't mass manufacturer smaller Ozzy/Lennon glasses. I think the coolest looking sunglasses are when the lenses are only slightly bigger than a person's eyes; so most of the sunglasses on the market look less desirable to me. The teashades in anime like Vash the Stampede or Alucard wears actually look smaller to me than the average teashades on the market taking into account the proportions of anime eyes. The name of these glasses also have a cool history of being the way beatniks hid that they were stoned.

rutger_hauer_split_second.jpg

Edited by Class-Punk

Thanks...now I know what they are called. Always saw them, never knew the name. :happy:

(in my opinion Rutger Hauer can make anything look bad ass :biggrin: )

These days the public usually calls them John Lennon or Ozzy glasses. I prefer the term teashades because I want them to be smaller than the glasses those singers wore.

Also I've had this (NSFW) on repeat all week..

Edited by Class-Punk

WOW!!! Talk about Flash Back central...I was like reliving Blade Runner, Alien, Max Headroom, Human League and ,for some reason, Neo Tokyo's The Running Man gave me vivid visions of AKIRA... :blink:

Neros77 does some cool retro mash-ups.

i actually think i have a contact with a manufacterer of them

Interesting.

actually if you dont mind spending some money...and want them in green or bronze/yellow... you can look up sharpshooter glasses on ebay. they can both in tiny rectangles and tiny round lenses

I found a dark green pair going for $50. Too bad someone couldn't mass replicate those and small teashades for like $10. Another problem I've noticed with average teashades is they aren't straight or don't curve slightly around the face, they seem to curve slightly outward, which to me is just weird.

Edited by Class-Punk

• 3 weeks later...

I don't understand why people don't mass manufacturer smaller Ozzy/Lennon glasses. I think the coolest looking sunglasses are when the lenses are only slightly bigger than a person's eyes; so most of the sunglasses on the market look less desirable to me. The teashades in anime like Vash the Stampede or Alucard wears actually look smaller to me than the average teashades on the market taking into account the proportions of anime eyes. The name of these glasses also have a cool history of being the way beatniks hid that they were stoned.

rutger_hauer_split_second.jpg

found some, if you dont mind ordering from the UK

http://www.disturbia.co.uk/products/mens-sale/sporck

found some, if you dont mind ordering from the UK

http://www.disturbia...ens-sale/sporck

If I could I'd get something like that with smaller lenses and with a thinner frame.

Also, I wish there were smaller versions of these..

Coffin%252520Sunglasses-Smoke-4.jpeg

If there were reasonably proportioned coffin sunglasses they'd be pretty badass. I actually contacted the manufacturer of these about smaller versions of these and teashades but they didn't take my suggestion seriously. They're only concerned with making comical party sunglasses, even though I their products were decent and blocked out sunlight.

Its pretty depressing that there are barely any cheap sunglasses that go by the eye-fitting guideline.

Edited by Class-Punk

• 1 month later...

There's also reading sunglasses which are closer to sunglasses fitted to the eye, but they also have to plano or no power and can't be found cheap.

The average diameter of a cornea, and consequently the size of a contact lens, is 12 mm; of course I'm talking about a lens that is useful in blocking the sun and would go over the white of the eye, so for the whole eye I think that's doubled to 24 mm. I don't have a ruler on me, and most sunglasses are made to be bigger because that's in fashion. But the images of most commercial camera lenses can be googled in a variety of sizes, so I can look at the glass on them to get an idea of the size of a sunglasses lens if it was made. Right now I'm thinking that in the case of a circular lens I've been daydreaming about, it would be between 24 (which might be too small) and 32 millimeters width for the average person.

EDIT: I wrote up suggestions and sent them to a bunch of companies last night, so hopefully something cool will come out of it.

Edited by Class-Punk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

These are probably not as small as you were looking for, but the colors had me rolling... :rofl:

JOHN LENNON STYLE SUN GLASSES SHADES - 10 VARIETIES - 60s 70s HIPPY FANCY DRESS

When I get the time I have to go back and look through the companies I contacted to see if they made anything cool and inexpensive. >.>

Edited by Class-Punk