Not Going to City Club - Wha'cha Doin' Instead

TronRP

Just curious as to what other activities (or in-activities) occupy your time on Friday and Saturday nights. Sometimes people have plans in advance and sometimes the night is just not your night.

So if you're feeling up to sharing...by all means please do.

As for myself, tonight, most of the members of the Home House are sick so I'm on house watch duty...therefore I'm currently playing Zelda a Link to the Past and eating dinner...would much rather be dancing...it's great therapy for my ills :biggrin:

and you?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

laying here, walking is a pain from the accident....my not gf is going to go out since i had her take the night off...im just going to have a pitty party

ht

:grouphug

You mentioned an accident before...did you give any details?

Also, since I am already prying, when you said you had the girl take the night off, was that from a job so she could assist you or is she taking the night off from assisting you?

ya know...just being nosy... :happy:

Drinking caffeinated beverages and working on some new music. I've picked up my guitar again and I am trying out an NES drumkit.

Question...do you give guitar lessons? Ages ago I received a Harmony 6 string for Christmas. All I know is it's not a bass, but I can't make it sound the way guitars sound in music...do you happen to know what I'm doing wrong? :confused: (outside of bad playing)

she ives in ann arbor. i was supposed to come down for the flogging molly concert and spend the weekend with her. ill try and post pix of the accident, got tboned on the drivers side, i had an angel watching over me

Lucky you... :innocent:

Pain killers?

Question...do you give guitar lessons? Ages ago I received a Harmony 6 string for Christmas. All I know is it's not a bass, but I can't make it sound the way guitars sound in music...do you happen to know what I'm doing wrong? :confused: (outside of bad playing)

I could but I would consider myself mediocre or slightly below intermediate at best. I would be fine with showing you what I know sometime. With beginning there are basic chords which are all at the top of the fretboard and there are notes (single strings being played). Having more sounds to mess with makes it a lot more fun to play.

Your guitar also might be out of tune. There's tons of tutorials on youtube for learning how to play, easy stringing, and basic or other tuning. Re-stringing without knowing what you're doing is a bitch.

Almost all of my songs have notes being played, but occasionally I play power chords which are what was used in Punk, and are sort of like fake chords (I think) to a more serious guitar player. Then there's stuff like bar chords, hammering on, sliding, tremelo picking, and what Tenacious D calls "that bendy thing". The basic chords I learned from my uncle I never use in songs, because in order to sound good it would mean using less other instruments/synths, and less complexity on their end; but these seem to make up the structure of a lot, and maybe every Death in June (Gothic folk) song.

Edited by Class-Punk

Also, I thought it would be worth a try, so I sent an email out to the Light Asylum to see if I can collaborate with the lead singer to make this track into Dreamwave Post-Punk. If this happens, minds will be blown.

Wow that sounds so cool :cool

Currently I'm just stuck at playing the intro to Metallica's Unforgiven.

I would love to be able to sound like Slash's solo in Guns N' Roses: November Rain.

But I guess you can't have everything...oh well...

Wow that sounds so cool :cool

Currently I'm just stuck at playing the intro to Metallica's Unforgiven.

I would love to be able to sound like Slash's solo in Guns N' Roses: November Rain.

But I guess you can't have everything...oh well...

You should look into guitar tabs, its easier than learning to read music.

Well, this was unexpected. My quick kitchen shelf project got way out of hand and I have totally junked up the place. What seemed so cut and dried turned into OMG WTF faster than you can do a face plant on Wipe Out...I only have about 24 hours to fix all of this brilliance before I have to chauffeur on Monday morning so this pretty much eats up the rest of my weekend... :confused:

have found other options for eclectic, new and exciting music spun/performed by knowledgeable, skillfull and risk taking DJ's at:

Something Cold, Art Audio Angst, Destroy Compound, Plastic Passion, Happy Endings, MDRN GOTH, Blankcode, etc... events.

City, Noire Skye and some of these newer nights just seem to be retreading the same themes/music over and over and over again which makes for a dull-night out when you can nearly predict the evenings playlist and the crowd that will show up.

Necto's even figured out when to retire tracks and inject some fresh blood into the weekly mix to keep it interesting and the crowds coming back. Still very much enjoy going there, as do friends.

Most could benefit from getting out of their comfort zones, comfortable club environments and checking out some different events.

Plenty out there.

Most could benefit from getting out of their comfort zones, comfortable club environments and checking out some different events.

Plenty out there.

Most of the time I'd rather do my own thing while listening to a larger variety of non-Industrial music than most the patrons going to these places. My comfort zone is stretched pretty thin with some of the horrible Industrial music I've heard, most people's comfort zone seems to be a dance floor. Intelligence goes a longer ways in being dark and edgy than some distorted hook like "destroy her cunt" repeated over a kick drum. If I'm going to listen to a band singing "destroy her cunt" I want it to be Wild Nothing.

Just completed a full day outing with sisters as a birthday gift that started this morning with photos at the mall, included a lot of shopping and ended with a few hours of Karaoke...now I'm totally bushed, but very happy. To tired to go out tonight :happy:

I know this is old, but-- I've been using justinguitar.com. If you're interested in fingerstyle, I've also liked the exercises on guitarnick.com.

Is your guitar nylon-string or steel? (I'm not very familiar with Harmony guitars, but the few I've seen have been classical.)

I know this is old, but-- I've been using justinguitar.com. If you're interested in fingerstyle, I've also liked the exercises on guitarnick.com.

Is your guitar nylon-string or steel? (I'm not very familiar with Harmony guitars, but the few I've seen have been classical.)

My strings are steel. I think I'll post a picture of it with the amp my mother bought me, in a bit. I was just wondering if there is something like a soprano guitar that makes that winy/cry baby sound...or does that come from the amp? Everything I play always sounds flat when I try to play along with prerecorded music. I know I have a lot of work and research to do if I want to play like a pro... :confused:

My strings are steel. I think I'll post a picture of it with the amp my mother bought me, in a bit. I was just wondering if there is something like a soprano guitar that makes that winy/cry baby sound...or does that come from the amp? Everything I play always sounds flat when I try to play along with prerecorded music. I know I have a lot of work and research to do if I want to play like a pro... :confused:

Nope, just moving your hands further up the fingerboard. Even smaller guitars still use the same tuning. Although it's entirely possible there's an effect you can add as well (I play acoustic at the moment and haven't really touched electric so I know nothing about effects and such).

Do you have an electronic tuner? Those make tuning really, really easy. It's possible your tuning is just off-- I managed this the other day. I had the instrument in tune with itself, it was just an entire half-step flat, lol, and that's what I get for just tuning everything together by ear without using a pitchpipe or keyboard to tune to the actual correct notes.