finally finished my first...kinda goth outfit

Since actual goth stuff from manufacturers is proving to be difficult if not impossible to find in my size, I've had to improvise. While I admit it's not "all the way there" I think for my first attempt its not too shabby, it's getting there. Unfortunately, I was out of liquid eyeliner, so I had to use the god awful pencil, so bare with the makeup I normally don't suck that bad lol

IMG_20130102_094750.jpg

(my cataract contact lenses made me a little teary, so it smeared a smidge as well lol

IMG_20130102_105014.jpg

I love my rose, very classy!

Opinions are always welcome, don't worry I can take it!

As far as attire is concerned, Showtime on Woodward here in Detroit has some of the best tall Rock/Goth/Punk fashions I have ever tried to try on...I'm just 6 to 8 inches too petite for the guy look in this area. The average range of height for the male population that actually live in Detroit is 5'8" - 6'3" and the coolest coats ever start at 6' - so I have to rip off the looks and make them for myself - :chris:

For makeup, basic fashion and accessories, I generally shop the internet - eBay, SHRINE of Hollywood and HOTTOPIC...but I am picky with hottopic - I mainly stick to Tripp fashions. Items from SHRINE are expensive, but they have inventory sales from time to time to move older merchandise. eBay has been invaluable for finding those little things that help pull a full look together such as makeup, my signature Top Hats and including footwear from T.U.K.

Being taller than the average female, however, for everyday clothing I generally shop at the Super or Big Kmart and followup with a trip to Sears in Macomb - they are always having clothing sales, most times up to 70% off. For anything that doesn't fit properly...time to hit Jo-Ann Fabrics.

Come to think of it...every photo I have posted of myself on DGN is an example of the aforementioned information... :blink:

Opinions are always welcome, don't worry I can take it!

Nice vest.

If it were me I would get rid of the eyeliner, button up the shirt a little and throw a dark blue/teal/purple tie in (but not necessarily to the point of being choking like normal people), with or without the coat depending on what looks better to you. That's not necessarily advice on being more or less goth, but it'd make you look less like a clubber and more classy if that's what you're after.

off to goodwill today, wish me luck

By the way...I forgot to mention that 70% of all the outfits I am wearing in my photo gallery are modified Kmart Halloween Costumes. The red dress was a Phantom of the Opera costume given to me by a family friend. The only authentic outfit I am wearing is the long pink Kimono purchased while in Japan and the long purple Kimono purchased at Narita Airport. :rofl:

By the way...I forgot to mention that 70% of all the outfits I am wearing in my photo gallery are modified Kmart Halloween Costumes. The red dress was a Phantom of the Opera costume given to me by a family friend. The only authentic outfit I am wearing is the long pink Kimono purchased while in Japan and the long purple Kimono purchased at Narita Airport. :rofl:

Lucky ladies, guys cant usually pull that off because most of our costumes simply velcro in the back. I managed a halloween store this year...dug through a lot of stuff...90% of guy stuff velcros lol