• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Watching this video, I can understand the outrage of the hosts regarding this topic, but what they fail to understand is this situation occurred in the state of Texas which is governed by it's own laws as the state itself, even as of 2012, was still petitioning the U.S. government for the right to secede the union.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/peacefully-grant-state-texas-withdraw-united-states-america-and-create-its-own-new-government/BmdWCP8B

However, the title of this video is a misquote of the Austin, TX police chief's statement at minute 6:34...

Jaywalking Jogger Arrested & Cops Say At Least We Didn't Rape Her

Published on Feb 24, 2014

Watching this video, I can understand the outrage of the hosts regarding this topic, but what they fail to understand is this situation occurred in the state of Texas which is governed by it's own laws as the state itself, even as of 2012, was still petitioning the U.S. government for the right to secede the union.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/peacefully-grant-state-texas-withdraw-united-states-america-and-create-its-own-new-government/BmdWCP8B

However, the title of this video is a misquote of the Austin, TX police chief's statement at minute 6:34...

Jaywalking Jogger Arrested & Cops Say At Least We Didn't Rape Her

Published on Feb 24, 2014

Yeah I read about this on infowars.com - another great news source, they collect a lot of articles from newspapers and media that's not so "mainstream"

Actually, seems like something like this is popping up every day on that site. I do like TYT too.

• 3 years later...

MANHUNT For Teacher Who Abducted 15-Year-Old Student

Published on Mar 20, 2017

Tennessee Police continue to search for a High School freshman who recently disappeared with a teacher. Cenk Uygur, Brett Erlich (Pop Trigger) and Amberia Allen, the hosts of The Young Turks, break it down. Tell us what you think in the comment section below. https://www.tytnetwork.com/go

Read more here: http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/19/us/tenn...

“It's been a week, and still, there is no sign of the 15-year-old girl or the Culleoka, Tennessee, high school teacher charged with abducting her weeks after another student reported seeing the two kissing.

A lawyer for Elizabeth Thomas' father said the teen's alleged abductor is armed, dangerous and "obviously a man who is not in control of his faculties."

On Saturday, the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation updated its Amber Alert explaining how little has turned up since investigative efforts placed Elizabeth and teacher Tad Cummins in Decatur, Alabama, about 70 miles south of Culleoka. State investigators have received 250 tips, from 24 states, including California, but none has helped them locate the girl.”

Hosts: Cenk Uygur, Brett Erlich, Amberia Allen

Cast: Cenk Uygur, Brett Erlich, Amberia Allen

The Young Turks is good. I watch it pretty often. 

Democracy Now is more "professional" with like... lots of guests that have actually been to places like lebanon and Iraq and have been reporters for decades.  But, it doesn't have the funnies that TYT has. It does have politcal music that you wouldn't know was political at the start and end, different each show.

A mostly-funny with a political dump trump bent is "last week tonight with Steven Oliver" 

On 4/4/2017 at 4:03 AM, Scary Guy said:

Personally I'm not a huge fan.  They've done some good things in the past, but they do lean hard left.  This chart isn't completely accurate but it's a pretty good baseline I think:

ec3c6f02428c3dec98de9434e1d31479e5243505

Thats a cool chart.  I've looked this sort of stuff up before this one is the "prettiest" that I've seen.   Most of my "visual" news comes from NPR/PBS.  Reading doesn't really come from any one particular souce, but since I use "dropbox" as my news aggregate it mostly culls from everything from the huffington post on the left to the right of this chart ending with Fox. With almost everything listed here as secondary places except I've never heard of any of the "crazy" liberal stuff listed on the left there.    I do read breitbart sometimes despite the evil that lurks behind it. lots of random sources from all over the place if I actually decide to do homework on a subject.  I've tried hard to stay fairly "moderate" but I no longer think that is the correct stance and if a source is at least not fire-breathing liberal or conservative.  I'm fine with it since If its a story I give a shit about I'll be looking it up from multiple sources.  But something like  "The PBS News Hour"  which is probably the most common place I just get a news summary from , is fair enough while slightly left leaning (supposedly according to these charts and polls , I've never really noticed it... its just that it doesn't scream conservative so... it must be liberal lol) 

Since I have now been a bit more educated on how TYT is viewed, I now look at the show a bit differently, however, this did catch my eye.

Trump Voters Angry He Sold Them Out

"Published on Apr 4, 2017
Trump voters were shocked that he signed the bill to sell their private browser history to ISPs. Cenk Uygur and Ana Kasparian, the hosts of The Young Turks, tell you why they shouldn’t be surprised. Tell us what you think in the comment section below."

Tragic Reason This Man Stopped Supporting Trump

"Published on Mar 22, 2017
This man was an enormous Trump fan but that has changed. Cenk Uygur and Ana Kasparian, hosts of The Young Turks, tell you what happened. Tell us what you think in the comment section below."

They definitely went on a genuine "rant".

My coverage has already increased 2 fold + some.

Tucker Carlson Just Now Realizing Republicans Hate Poor People

"Published on Mar 11, 2017
Paul Ryan seems kind of surprised Tucker didn’t get the memo... Cenk Uygur, host of The Young Turks, breaks it down. Tell us what you think in the comment section below. http://tytnetwork.com/go "