hello, my name is Ryan. i'm a 33 year-old Industrial musician. i used to play bass-guitar in crust/hardcore punk bands and such too. i have nerve damage in my left arm now, thus i haven't been able to play my guitars. however, it only takes one hand to hold a microphone and start up a sampler/sequencer...

i love dancing to goth/industrial club music now, and somehow i never danced too much until i was 32, and now i find dancing to be rather addictive.

i LOVE Leland City Club. i have a very difficult time getting there lately. i sold my car after i left my last job, because i knew i couldn't afford it. the problem is that most of my friends either A) don't dance B) don't like goth/industrial music C) forgot about me after i sold my car :/

i live in Farmington Hills. i'm an extremely non-judgemental person and prefer to treat everyone and anyone as an equal. i do my best to anyway. i'm a really nice dude. the only time i can be a jerk is when people are rude and/or disrespectful. i have a very low tolerance for B.S.

i spend lots of time working on music. i do three main solo projects:

Redrot

http://soundcloud.com/redrot

--- my main project, started as a death-industrial project, now i make high energy, and very danceable bass-heavy electronic industrial poisoned with dubstep style electronic bass, death-metal style intensity and rhythms, furious hardcore-punk styled vocals... i can sing too, i just prefer to scream. it's far more cathartic.

Neuntöter der Plage

http://soundcloud.co...toter-der-plage

--- morbid and ritualistic black-ambient music, dark dark dark soundscapes, scathing black-metal vocals, my lyrics typically focus upon recurring dreams and nightmares, like entering the sewers through dream or hallucination and what draws you forward into the black is the breathing darkness itself, the living shadows pulling you closer, the corporeal undertow...

Klinikal Skum

http://soundcloud.com/klinikal-skum

--- educational music, esoterra, analog-synthesizers, shortwave radio interferences, fried out electronics, sometimes compositional, sometimes improvised... always FULL ON MORBIDITY. psychiatry/hospitals/disease/fetish/therapy seem to be recurring themes...

i'm not here to spam everyone with all that business... i'm looking to make some new friends, perhaps find a ride to City Club, meet a nice gal... who knows. i'm here to meet you folks.

be nice to me :)

later on...

greetings! good to see you here!

*drum roll*

The DGN (welcome) Questions 2.1

Formerly the "S.D.G.N.W.Q.P.S." The Standard Detroit Gothic . Net Welcome Questions Polls and Suggestions 1.7b

Feel free to ignore anything you feel uncomfortable sharing, dont have the energy for or have covered already. We are just friendly, if a bit nosey. And we ask these same questions fairly often as you may have noticed. :laugh:

Current location?

Where from?

Gender?

Work?

School?

Kids?

Married?

Single?

Hobbies?

How Did You Find / hear about DGN?

How did you pick your DGN name?

Other Stuff?

Additional ideas / questions:

Add yourself to the DGN member map!

If you live close enough, are old enough (18+ for City Club) and/or are ever in town you may want to check out:

"DGN Night"

Or you can find out about other events near your area with the

The Events Calender

Some folk also enjoy our random pot of:

Quizzes & Polls !

How did you hear about DGN? Poll

And we can always use help finding new friendly people. Help us out and drag em on over!

If you have a website / personal journal link to us! :wink

Edited by torn asunder

Greetings, feel free to look around and enjoy yourself.

For me, I find that posting on this site is very therapeutic and it deals with a multitude of topics. Also, if you do not find a topic that fits your needs, you can always start a new one to address your issues. Members here are fun to converse with and are great at giving advice and/or helping to resolve misconceptions and misunderstandings.

So do make yourself at home and see you around.

Later

:biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...