no make up

look.... it's MUCH easier to hide behind a mask... part of why i like here is because i don't feel as much the need to.... so here is some pics of me tonight, 30seconds, pre makeup before y'all see me at royal kubo... I challenge others to show themselves what they look like post shower or wakeup, pre make up and be happy that you are as beautiful as you are without any additions or subtractions... I have YET to meet an ugly person here (physical or mental)....

post-4512-0-31582700-1346194944_thumb.jp

post-4512-0-25574000-1346194952_thumb.jp

post-4512-0-78043300-1346194962_thumb.jp

Joiiiiin uuuus. :heart: :heart:

I love how you said, "join us"..like, "come, follow us to the realms of hell". I will when this disguising zit goes away, lmao. Normally, I wouldn't care if it wasn't so huge, this shit looks like someone took a cigarette and burned me with it and I don't want to do that to you guys.

Edited by kat

interesting!

i applaud your collective bravery....but, we goth chics are all about illusion (make-up)....that what makes us "us" physically...you can disagree (with merit, i believe), but this scene is, whether you like it or not, about fashion and make-up. shallow, yes, true...but, of course....

this is said with no offense intended...rather, i think it's pretty interesting....::)

I love how you said, "join us"..like, "come, follow us to the realms of hell". I will when this disguising zit goes away, lmao. Normally, I wouldn't care if it wasn't so huge, this shit looks like someone took a cigarette and burned me with it and I don't want to do that to you guys.

Darkside_Cookies_by_Sayuri_Uderu.jpg

interesting!

i applaud your collective bravery....but, we goth chics are all about illusion (make-up)....that what makes us "us" physically...you can disagree (with merit, i believe), but this scene is, whether you like it or not, about fashion and make-up. shallow, yes, true...but, of course....

this is said with no offense intended...rather, i think it's pretty interesting....::)

It's definitely part of the scene, but it shouldn't be an integral part of one's being, or what "defines" them as goth. That boils down to pure interests. At least, that's what I like to tell myself at night when I'm in fetal position, thinking about teh h8rz 'n poseurz. :laugh:

On that, my usual ostentatious amount of eyeliner and audacious lipstick does help me feel at home with myself and give me confidence. But my devil-may-care attitude says "Screw it!" when it comes to having a little fun, such as here. :happy:

interesting!

In answer to it being all about the make up, I'm quoting a site on why I personally identify more with the "Goth" scene...

Most goths become goths because they have been spurned by 'normal' society because the way they want to live their lives does not fit in with how most people are told to live theirs. Goths are free thinkers, people who do not accept the moral rules of society because they're told 'This is just how it is' or 'This is what God says!'. Rather goths tend to listen to what you have to say, and make up their own mind. This kind of free thinking and rejection of dogma earns only rejection in todays society. It seems everyone has their own way to define 'what is goth'. From the stereotypes based on clothing to music right up to the stereotypes of all goths being satanists or part of some kind of cult. Categorically, all of these are false.The gothic sense of humour is highly developed, and often leans toward the satirical. Quietly laughing at the more idiotic and less tolerant factions of society that seem to think yelling out of cars at us makes them cooler. Goths have learned to laugh at themselves and see society in a much different light. Goths have for the most part (not unanimously of course, but mostly) dropped all forms of prejudice. Noone is afraid within the goth scene to come out as being gay, and noone has to hide their religion for fear of scorn from their peers or zealots wanting to convert them from the arms of Satan. This of course is the most important aspect of gothdom, and why most goths became goths in the first place, tolerance. Most subjects that are taboo in 'normal' society are freely discussed and debated about. Death, religion, magick, mysticism, and many other topics that are only roached carefully outside of the gothic community. Most goths have realised that fear is only a reaction instilled in us by dogmatic propaganda, and once you realise there is nothing to fear from the topic, whats to stop you discussing it?.

In answer to it being all about the make up, I'm quoting a site on why I personally identify more with the "Goth" scene...

Most goths become goths because they have been spurned by 'normal' society because the way they want to live their lives does not fit in with how most people are told to live theirs. Goths are free thinkers, people who do not accept the moral rules of society because they're told 'This is just how it is' or 'This is what God says!'. Rather goths tend to listen to what you have to say, and make up their own mind. This kind of free thinking and rejection of dogma earns only rejection in todays society. It seems everyone has their own way to define 'what is goth'. From the stereotypes based on clothing to music right up to the stereotypes of all goths being satanists or part of some kind of cult. Categorically, all of these are false.The gothic sense of humour is highly developed, and often leans toward the satirical. Quietly laughing at the more idiotic and less tolerant factions of society that seem to think yelling out of cars at us makes them cooler. Goths have learned to laugh at themselves and see society in a much different light. Goths have for the most part (not unanimously of course, but mostly) dropped all forms of prejudice. Noone is afraid within the goth scene to come out as being gay, and noone has to hide their religion for fear of scorn from their peers or zealots wanting to convert them from the arms of Satan. This of course is the most important aspect of gothdom, and why most goths became goths in the first place, tolerance. Most subjects that are taboo in 'normal' society are freely discussed and debated about. Death, religion, magick, mysticism, and many other topics that are only roached carefully outside of the gothic community. Most goths have realised that fear is only a reaction instilled in us by dogmatic propaganda, and once you realise there is nothing to fear from the topic, whats to stop you discussing it?.

that's all great, and having a wikipiedia-like synthesis of a subculture for the masses is awesome, too. it's also a good thing to identify with an idea so strongly. however, i've been in this scene for a large part of my life, so i don't need to consult the internet.

the scene is about fashion, with a lesser emphasis on music. we're just a herd of another sort. trust me, this i know.

Edited by kittypoo99