I generally try not to get upset at a lot of things, but sometimes it's hard to overlook how others can inadvertently sum you up by personalized general concepts of characteristics as they see them without fully knowing their audience. These generalizations in themselves can feel like an attack on ones character even when that is not the intent. I am glad that I am as experienced about some things as I am or I am not sure what actions I would have taken after being "enlightened" about several personalized truths as viewed through cultural specific experiences.

As a poor, inner city, mall hopping, Hot Topic shopping, anti-promoting, non-sex and booze loving, social craving, urban "Mall Goth", it has come to my attention that maybe I do not want to experience all that the World Of Goth has to offer. It is quite possible that I am just an old eccentric lady trying to live out some past life fantasy by flaunting around in colorful costumes to which I have added my own flare and become rushed with excitement each time a passerby remarks on how they like my outfits.

The only thing over the top about me in my neighborhood and surrounding areas is that I wear a top hat, cravat and black lipstick. Everything else is relatively “old hat”. I live in a city of “been there, done that”. So it is interesting to visit the world of those not so socially accepted, as I have been privileged to be, just to get a glimpse into what has shaped their view of how they see themselves and the world around them. Personal experience is always key in knowing and relating to your audience for without such, many harmless words can sound offensive with undesired outcomes.

YESSSSS!!!! Success!!!

My week long personal challenge of DGN board domination was a success!evil.gif

I managed to maintain the number 1 position for 7 days straight.

I know people are probable getting tired of seeing my purple elf, but I had a goal in mind and wanted to see if I could do it.

I enjoyed the interaction with other members regarding various topics.

Even going at it over something as mundane as a visit to a mall.

(unless you are a Goth then it may as well be a visit to the Guillotine...it won't hurt, you'd just be a little bit dead...)

This experiment did become a bit addictive so I know I can't just stop cold turkey, but maybe just tone it back a little if I can...

I think I might keep a personal stat of the daily dominator...that will be fun...thumbup.gif

Points to Ponder

Why is it that you can be caught and released by the police on a regular basis just as long as you are not considered to be a threat to society until you kill someone?

I dunno, but I'm glad they keep doing it, or my friends and I would have a new hangout behind bars :rofl:. For anyone that knows me...I HATE going to jail. I still don't understand my friends that go on purpose, everyone in there is an asshole and there is NOTHING to do unless you love to play Spades.

I dunno, but I'm glad they keep doing it, or my friends and I would have a new hangout behind bars rofl.gif. For anyone that knows me...I HATE going to jail. I still don't understand my friends that go on purpose, everyone in there is an asshole and there is NOTHING to do unless you love to play Spades.

laugh.gif

That's rich...just be careful you don't end up on Most Shocking or World's Dumbest for TruTV...

But then at that rate, I can actually say, "hey I know her" *points wildly at the TV*