Help DGN without any money - Posting even if your not in the mood.

Just try to post, even if your not "in the mood" per se. It helps a ton.

Not that we cant use $$ donations (the 19th is comming again and we don't have the money) BUT , even without any money, you can help DGN a TON.

No one wants to eat at an empty restruant. Activity just makes more activity, even if its just a few words a day. The more activity, the more eyballs on the board, the more eyeballs, the easier everything else becomes.

We all have reasons to not post, me included, assuming we know all the reasons... just post, it will help us out greatly to keep the community vibrant. Think of it as a way to help without spending a dime, in some ways it is as helpful if not more (eventually) than $$ help given enough time.

Just try to post, even if your not "in the mood" per se. It helps a ton.

Short replies are just fine, don't think you have to come up with some amazing "new topic" idea. In some sense that (can) be counterproductive, having 10 new topics with no replies is not as inviting (typcially) as just having a few topics with a lot of replies.

Short replies are just fine, don't think you have to come up with some amazing "new topic" idea. In some sense that (can) be counterproductive, having 10 new topics with no replies is not as inviting (typcially) as just having a few topics with a lot of replies.

How much money is needed?

How much money is needed?

The minimum needed right at the moment is about $30 bucks by the 19th, in the past we would have (probably) been fine due to subscription donations (as opposed to one time donations which is usually how people donate, and is just as good), but most of those are gone now.

Eventually at some point we need more as the software we are running on is now all licence-expired due to lack of funds, which means, if it breaks in such a way that I can't personally fix (which will happen evetually) we are Fed, plus we could use some upgrades. But thats beside the point.

Essentially we "need" $40 (there's a little more than 10 in there right now) a month (the goal is around 80 but its not "needed") thus that donation-meter thing on the middle-right of the board.

The minimum needed right at the moment is about $30 bucks by the 19th, in the past we would have (probably) been fine due to subscription donations (as opposed to one time donations which is usually how people donate, and is just as good), but most of those are gone now.

Eventually at some point we need more as the software we are running on is now all licence-expired due to lack of funds, which means, if it breaks in such a way that I can't personally fix (which will happen evetually) we are Fed, plus we could use some upgrades. But thats beside the point.

Essentially we "need" $40 (there's a little more than 10 in there right now) a month (the goal is around 80 but its not "needed") thus that donation-meter thing on the middle-right of the board.

I'll see what I can do on pay day.

I'll see what I can do on pay day.

Much appreciated, even if you cant come up with anything, the effort is encouraging.

Donations are needed but the donation of posting is needed just as much.

Sort of three co-equal things are needed, some people are better at others but they all feed into each other:

Activity on the board (doesnt cost anything) = more $$ Donations = Promotion = More Activity around in a cycle, all three needed badly , but at the moment anyway the activity is probably the easiest for most people.

I sent out a few invitations to check out the forums through DeviantArt, to people who seemed linked to dark art. And by "a few" I mean 70. So hopefully that helps.

AWE-SOME.

Thanks big time. Its crazy how much promotion it takes to just get one "good poster" lets call it. Its almost like winning the lotto (not that extreeme). When we have multiple people trying at the same time it is really the only way to have any serious growth.

Definitely appreciate it. Back in the day one of the early posters and I (and when is say back in the day i mean 10 years ago) went to vampire freaks and invited everyone that was listed as being "from Michigan" although that was back before VF is what it is today.

Honestly though thanks, that is the exact kind of promotion that works, even if it doesn't turn into a new poster right now, thats just that many more people that are "aware" of the place. Which, can make it easier later on to get them to join even if they don't right now.

AWE-SOME.

Thanks big time. Its crazy how much promotion it takes to just get one "good poster" lets call it. Its almost like winning the lotto (not that extreeme). When we have multiple people trying at the same time it is really the only way to have any serious growth.

Definitely appreciate it. Back in the day one of the early posters and I (and when is say back in the day i mean 10 years ago) went to vampire freaks and invited everyone that was listed as being "from Michigan" although that was back before VF is what it is today.

Honestly though thanks, that is the exact kind of promotion that works, even if it doesn't turn into a new poster right now, thats just that many more people that are "aware" of the place. Which, can make it easier later on to get them to join even if they don't right now.

Sorry been in the hospital, but Im out now, and payday! woot, unfortunetly I spent a large portion of my spending money on my zombie survival gear, but i can chip in $20.

AWE-SOME.

I had a couple people say they would check it out already so hopefully some more traffic comes through over time.

Sorry been in the hospital, but Im out now, and payday! woot, unfortunetly I spent a large portion of my spending money on my zombie survival gear, but i can chip in $20.

Sorry to hear you were in the hospital. Things ok now? Still recovering?

Thanks a ton for the donation.

I had a couple people say they would check it out already so hopefully some more traffic comes through over time.

Cool. Don't give up hope if they don't, i have like somehwere between like 5-10 peole a week say they are going to show up, and , obviously they don't hah. Just takes persistence (and hopefully we can get more people helping out with it).

Sorry to hear you were in the hospital. Things ok now? Still recovering?

Thanks a ton for the donation.

Still recovering, my leg is a little fucked up and got some stitchs, but i start physical therapy on the 18 so hopefully ill be back out in the field in no time.

No problem man, i just wish i could have donated more.

Still recovering, my leg is a little fucked up and got some stitchs, but i start physical therapy on the 18 so hopefully ill be back out in the field in no time.

No problem man, i just wish i could have donated more.

Any is better than none, and any helps. Hopefully a few more people will donate and we can become "legal" again (the software licences not being up to date keeps me up at night, hoping nothing goes wrong that I cant fix as we are "unsupported" right now.

But honestly its just the activity on-board that will "fix" this, the more activity we have, the more activity grows. When new people show up, if there is no activity, they go away.

I've been through a stupid amount of physical therapy over the years (before the car accident as a younger person Fed up one leg skateboarding, Fed up my back and my head and my ability to walk post-car accident, ban be a major pain in the ass, but at lest for me its seemed to work , don' really have any problems all that much with the legs or the back anymore ( at least not significant enough to bitch about). Got other issues, but at least I don't really have those anymore. Hopefully things work out.

Any is better than none, and any helps. Hopefully a few more people will donate and we can become "legal" again (the software licences not being up to date keeps me up at night, hoping nothing goes wrong that I cant fix as we are "unsupported" right now.

But honestly its just the activity on-board that will "fix" this, the more activity we have, the more activity grows. When new people show up, if there is no activity, they go away.

I've been through a stupid amount of physical therapy over the years (before the car accident as a younger person Fed up one leg skateboarding, Fed up my back and my head and my ability to walk post-car accident, ban be a major pain in the ass, but at lest for me its seemed to work , don' really have any problems all that much with the legs or the back anymore ( at least not significant enough to bitch about). Got other issues, but at least I don't really have those anymore. Hopefully things work out.

Oh, i'll be fine, in my career if your not getting injured your doing something wrong lol.

• 2 weeks later...