Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra

• 1 year later...

Korra could be better. She is the ultimate bender and yet they water down her character because she's female. Aang was only twelve years old and he was cooler than she is. Why do most writers dull down female characters in shows and movies? She should be totally kick butt bad. Instead, she is just like every other cheesy, wimpy, overly moody,boy crazy main female character in the majority of shows written by guys. These people need to watch Kill Bill a hundred times. Seriously.

• 5 months later...

Okay, I must admit season three is waaaaaay better. I guess someone actually studied a teenage girl instead of trying to figure out how to make Korra's character behave. It's a definite an improvement.

Yeah, it was an improvement, storywise, since season two ultimately ended up becoming "The Jinora Show" which then trickled into season three. Unfortunately, as season three progressed, any heroine in the storyline became indecisive (Korra), had their authority questioned (Asami), or became rebellious (Jinora) while any of the female villains were totally kick ass...and as history has shown, villainess rule the screens both big and small.

Case in point: I know, a little :offtopic:

THE 13 MOST BADASS FEMALE VILLAINS IN POP CULTURE

original story: http://www.nerdist.com/2014/03/the-13-most-bad-ass-female-villains-in-pop-culture/

• 2 months later...

I was disappointed with the series. Korra was a completely under developed character. Instead of being the driven, strong person they started her off as, she demoted into a severely bipolar, underwhelming, lackluster unrealistic background character in her own story. I was startling disappointed.

I watched the series expecting

Instead, I ended up with

They really need to work on creating believable lead female characters.

What was most disappointing to me, was that in the beginning, I could actually relate to Korra and her physical strength and people teaching her the tools she would need to become a fully realized avatar.