Any Sailor Moon fans?

sailor moon fans?

Well I'm very knowledgeable about sailor moon due to a SM addict GF.

I HATED that show with a passionate hate for years, but , the GF , who had a lot of great qualities (we are talking Mid 90s) loved the thing, and it was sort of one of her "key interests" so , being the good BF that I am , I gave it a REAL try , and I mean a REAL try, not just sit through a few episodes with her. Honestly I think we can "learn to like" almost anything. (I've done this with many things I formerly did not like, and now enjoy)

And hell, at least this is a "subject" as opposed to girls that have no interests other than gossiping and music. (not that I don't like music)

I still am not a SM 'fan' per se. But I can watch it and appreciate the nuances. I think I've seen and read all the AV and Manga that existed up to that time (along with having read a lot of blogs and such that connect the dots between the back story stuff in a way that would be hard to do on your own).

I remember when I first started being able to "enjoy" it , after like 10 hours of trying, when Shingo (Sammy, SM's litte brother) was watching TV and he was like "MOON PRINCESS??? Gimi a break please!" for some reason I thought that was hilarious. Then later he learns who Usagi really is, and just goes right back to playing video games like its nothing, lol.

Plus Sailor Saturn wants me really badly (I can tell these things lol) and whats not to like about a "Childrens" cartoon with cannon lesbians? :whistle:

One thing I don't really like the sound of is hes saying its a "reboot" rather than a continuation. (if i heard right) Not that I'm chomping at the bit for this, its been so long since I watched / read any SM, that I could probably re-read/watch the original stuff and it would feel fairly new to me.

My little sister was obsessed with SM for a long time. I never got into it at all but she was like 15 and I was more 19-20 so of course I had better things to do;)

I was 24 and the GF was 20.. how I got roped into it ... dang the crap I do for GFs. Still not really a "fan" but knowing so much about it, its hard not to be curious about "what happens next" after the first 20+ hours of force feeding, hah. (I think it was sort of something left over from when she was younger, that still for whatever reason resonated with her, even though all her other interests seemed more in line with mine)

• 3 weeks later...

One thing I don't really like the sound of is hes saying its a "reboot" rather than a continuation. (if i heard right) Not that I'm chomping at the bit for this, its been so long since I watched / read any SM, that I could probably re-read/watch the original stuff and it would feel fairly new to me.

No. It's going to be an entirely new story and a mini series.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm really, REALLY hoping it's "Another Story". An anime version of the SNES JRPG. It was the only game of the series to be written by Naoko Takeuchi and it explained how Queen Beryl become corrupted and attacked the Lunar Kingdom. It wasn't really a prequel, though. It took place after Sailor Moon S, but before Super S. The main villian had kids from Neo Tokyo go back in the past to try to destroy the Ginsishu (not sure if I'm spelling that right), so the kingdom wouldn't be protected in the future. It was really, REALLY good!

• 1 month later...

I have been a fan of Sailor Moon from the start, but my sister is more like a Super Fan.

However, we can only watch it in the original Japanese language...keeps us from going crazy when things get "lost in translation".

The American script changed a lot of situations since Usagi-chan was only 14 years old when this all started.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...