What Games do you actively play? (video , tabletop, otherwise)

My dad and I can't play without a dictionary present and average over 400pt games... each.... My nickname from him is Bingo lol!

We play with a copy of the Good Book (the Official Scrabble Dictionary, 4th edition). It's dog-eared. Averages are a hair lower for us but the dyslexic one in our group usually cleans house with the bingos. It's her super power.

• 3 weeks later...

I have played Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 for a long, long time... then the group got lost caused by some reason...

By now I play World of Warcraft (European server^^), TES IV (Skyrim has not found its way onto my table yet) and some browser games from time to time. Don't really know what to think about these panda - things in WoW, but by leading a guild one can not give up at once ^^

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My good friend told me to check out Dishonored which I've almost beaten. I've never been big on stealth games, and in this game, stealth and non-lethal actions mean less dark outcomes. Its got a 1930's meets sci-fi feel in a giant beautiful city struck by a plague that also turns the rats carnivorous. Strategically teleporting behind the right guard at the right time, choking them out to unconsciousness, and hiding their bodies.. and sneaking around roofs, ledges, and tunnels.. is time consumingly addictive.

You can go through the entire game without killing anyone or being seen if your willing to put the time in. There were some collection side quests that I felt were overtly confusing and linear, but other than that Bethesda did really good with this game.

I've also been playing the co-op on Portal 2 and its a lot of fun if you don't get stuck; and a little co-op on Resident Evil 6.

I might get the 2D MMORPG Wanderlust for Christmas, to support Starbound. And on the subject of Indie games, I want to play The Banner Saga when its finished.

My Oblivion and Skyrim files will probably stay unused on my thumb drive until I'm out of college.

Edited by Class-Punk

• 4 weeks later...

Still mainly League of Legends (my name there is the same as here if anyone wants to add me. Its a free game, and I mean, actually free, not a limited trial , and anything that costs money is just cosmetic or convenience related, nothing that effects combat or "in game" effects. Plus i like the mixed genre theme of the game, everything from Anime cuties to Vampires & Zombies. I'm at the very high end of casual players and can help out with the learning curve. Its easy to start and you can practice against the computer opponents until you feel comfortable against humans , but it saves a LOT of time if you have a friend to help out. Although do go through the (short) tutorial.

Play various of the zillion games I have on steam on and off but no one game in particular and old franchise games (Mario, Zelda, Sonic) but have not been "serious" about them in several years even though they are near to my heart. I was an active DDR guy but the down button/pad died and I never bothered to replace the thing.

I dabble in tons of different board games, honestly i often prefer board / card games but they require them people things to play. /sniffles

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm still working on SNES Earthbound, and I started a file on the SNES game Mystic Quest which is fun but seems pretty dated. I got a netbook, tweaked Windows 7 to run better, and have been playing Terraria. I also plan to play it with friends when it hits consoles. So I will play the living crap out of that game.

looks really good. Just have so much stuff on my "pile" (and theres the money issue) not sure when I'd ever get to it.

I thought it was all around good. It had the feel of you being a Steampunk ninja with black magic in a Victorian era. They will be making sequels eventually.

Edited by Class-Punk

right now im invested in the walking dead video game. it is the first game thats been able to draw me in on an emotional level. that little girl is sooooooooo cute! unfortunately that game is so plagued with glitches and frame rate issues its almost unplayable! its unfortunate, because its the best game ever...but totally unplayable!

I'm currently playing Guild Wars 2. Probably the best MMORPG I have ever played, and I have played just about all of them. If anyone else plays, I am on the Tarnished Coast server, the ''unofficial roleplaying server''.. My main character's name is Deadstill Starsburn, lvl 80 Necromancer fully geared in Exotic armor/weapons. It's a lot of fun. If anyone has considered getting it, but hasn't, I suggest you get it. You can't beat the fact that there is no monthly subscription fee, too, as there is with just about all of the other major MMO's out there.

ok havent had a system in years and now that i have a 2 yr old running around the house what video game system do you all recomend that is kid friendly but i can play kingdom hearts on ( yeah yeah im a dork ) and that doesnt have 50 million wires hanging out help !

• 4 weeks later...

From 2007 up until December of 2012 I was a daily visitor to the online world of the U.B. Fun-Keys ...then a program register fixer downloaded itself onto my computer and that was the end of that... :sad:

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ingress. No really. Ingress. Its not a game in the traditional sense. Been out of beta for like 5 days over a million downloads. It might seem like its "just an app for your phone" but it isn't its a huge global community based around real-life locations with a ongoing storyline, real life meetups and parts that just never came together this well in a "game" before.

Reality is not what it seems.

Plus you can keep your existing games, and just "play" this when you are out and about.

To interact with the "Portals" you have to be physically located within 50 meters of them (Works of art, historic sites, places with architectural significance, memorials, public plaques etc). You can trade them to allies but someone has to physically go there in the first place.

Green not Blue (You wan't to be on the enlightenment faction)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92rYjlxqypM

The Battle For Detroit Continues

http://www.ingress.com/intel?ll=42.32119,-83.141098&z=12

Troy's Scary Home