dad performs boob job on own daughter

We'll, there is a major violation of medical ethics if I have ever seen one.

Usually it is considered wrong to treat/attend to immediate family members. The only way to do it is if the physician is the best in the field.

Seems like it would be "ill advised" just due to the possibility of a lack of objectivity. (I'm always railing secretly against many "ethical norms" especially when they seem to be more based on liability than good standard of care/service although its usually in relation to pscyhoterapy or business practices in an office setting.

In this particular case it just feels, akward and doesn't seem to pass the "icky" test. Which, really isn't a medical term I don't think. :gathering:

If I was a burn victim and my father was an expert on surgical debridement , I'd much rather go to him than some random person, just as a personal example, but I know he wouldnt LET me , more due to the hospital rules that are probably in place than anything "real". But , I can see clear concerns with that type of treatment "in general".

Seriously if I was getting wang enlargement surgery to make my dick bigger I sure as hell wouldn't want my mom to be the one handling it. And furthermore, if my mom was talking about how awesome my dick was... I just threw up.

• 1 month later...