Aging

Fierce Critter

• 4 weeks later...

i remember when I joined this board i was shy of 21 met darqueknight shadeverdark and and oh i forgot her name sorry !!! at cc after my 21st birthday and got pissed drunk ha ! and now im 30 !!( and could not give a rats ass about the bar now but im willing to creep out to cc again soon) where does the time fly??? ....this year ill be 31!!!! finally in my 30s and i feel fine still look 18 so i guess thats a good thing .... heh aging is a good thing embrace it and do well !!!

That's what your 30's and 40's are for. smile.gif

I've told people before - try not to make any lifelong plans in your 20's. It's a period of too many changes, too much growth and discovery. I don't know anyone - myself included - who had an easy time in their 20's and came out the same person as they went in.

wish i had more confidence in my 20s too... hell even now i need some confidence.. but my current bf who is 10 yrs older than me help me out with that ;)

ps love older men you guys rock :jamin

• 1 month later...

With time, all things must come to pass. Currently living the passing of the torch from one generation to the next. Unfortunately, my stubborn sense of responsibility is going kicking and screaming where as my logical mind has already accepted it.

Aging mind = Conflicted attitude

Aging?

In the physical sense, I am with anyone who mentioned cracking body parts and sore joints. Working out, eating healthy, getting good sleep, and taking care of spirit contribute.

In the mental sense, aging is like a lotus flower in full bloom, activating petals that have laid dormant from birth in the conscious sense, till death and beyond?

In the emotional sense, heart now knows that it can't be lazy and have brain do all the feeling. That's a huge accomplishment. Mastering/decyphering feelings take a lifetime.

In the spiritual sense, aging is like peeling an onion which then turns inside out. It's a fucking paradox with no end and no beginning.

In the social sense, things change and selves adapt.

Interconnected.

Hrm. Glad to see I'm not the only one who has mixed feelings about aging. I feel like I've both changed for better and worse, some of it due to age and some of it due to circumstances.

I don't really feel older... part of me still feels college-age. When friends from high school get married and have kids, I feel shocked because we're so young... then I realize we're not. But then I'm afraid to be one of those people who try too hard to hang onto their young days. I look young so I can somewhat get away with dressing younger (and I'm in far better shape than I was even a few years ago, due to working out), but eventually I know I'm going to start looking like a fraud. And I already find that on some message forums, I'm one of the oldest people, and then I start wondering if I'm getting into the realm of "this is inappropriate for someone of your age; stop hanging out with/dressing like kids and grow up already."

And then, too, I feel like I have the potential to be more fun these days even though I have less of a chance of having people to be fun WITH (I've had few opportunities to make friends in adulthood so most of my friends are those from college and we're scattered all over now). I feel like I wasted my young years not having fun, and soon I'll be too old. (My mum has a lot of health problems that started when she was about 40, and who knows if I'll inherit them. So part of me feels like I may only have 10 years left to really live before my health goes down the tubes too, and that's a big part of what bugs me about aging, that it's entirely possible I won't have my 50s and 60s and beyond to go running around doing stuff like many people do, because I could end up like my mum, in pain most of the time and barely able to walk, etc.)

Hrm. Glad to see I'm not the only one who has mixed feelings about aging. I feel like I've both changed for better and worse, some of it due to age and some of it due to circumstances.

I don't really feel older... part of me still feels college-age. When friends from high school get married and have kids, I feel shocked because we're so young... then I realize we're not. But then I'm afraid to be one of those people who try too hard to hang onto their young days. I look young so I can somewhat get away with dressing younger (and I'm in far better shape than I was even a few years ago, due to working out), but eventually I know I'm going to start looking like a fraud. And I already find that on some message forums, I'm one of the oldest people, and then I start wondering if I'm getting into the realm of "this is inappropriate for someone of your age; stop hanging out with/dressing like kids and grow up already."

And then, too, I feel like I have the potential to be more fun these days even though I have less of a chance of having people to be fun WITH (I've had few opportunities to make friends in adulthood so most of my friends are those from college and we're scattered all over now). I feel like I wasted my young years not having fun, and soon I'll be too old. (My mum has a lot of health problems that started when she was about 40, and who knows if I'll inherit them. So part of me feels like I may only have 10 years left to really live before my health goes down the tubes too, and that's a big part of what bugs me about aging, that it's entirely possible I won't have my 50s and 60s and beyond to go running around doing stuff like many people do, because I could end up like my mum, in pain most of the time and barely able to walk, etc.)

As someone who is currently living your post...the key is Don't Stop Moving...

As someone who is currently living your post...the key is Don't Stop Moving...

Yes, I'm trying that and hoping it works... but these days I'm starting to feel a bit sore in the knees (a big part of my mom's problem, besides all of her autoimmune disorders, is really bad arthritis in her knees) and it scares the shit out of me. Still, I'm not giving up my high-impact dance and running and cardio until I absolutely have to. I insist on living in a state of denial as long as I can, lol.

Yes, I'm trying that and hoping it works... but these days I'm starting to feel a bit sore in the knees (a big part of my mom's problem, besides all of her autoimmune disorders, is really bad arthritis in her knees) and it scares the shit out of me. Still, I'm not giving up my high-impact dance and running and cardio until I absolutely have to. I insist on living in a state of denial as long as I can, lol.

After what you just posted, I'm feeling positive it will work for you. The majority of my family suffers from some form of arthritis from osteoarthritis to rheumatoid and autoimmune disorders and have had surgeries from corrective to major. I do suffer from some of the hereditary issues, but my lifestyle allows for me to remain flexible, physically and mentally. However, in contrast, my exercise activities are low impact. I used to do cross country and track and field and found that my body suffered more when I slowed down. Therefore, I do stretches and muscle toning activities to prolong my joint life. Also, some form of meditation doesn't hurt either. :biggrin:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I feel so damn old, oh my god, my joints and bones hurt, my dimples are starting to be more like laugh lines, I have tired eyes, my arms look like my grannies, I gained 35 lbs, I got middle age hip and ass spread, my eyes wrinkle when I smile, my knees hurt, I hate my body, I think too much, I need pills just to be normal, I forget stuff like my car keys, my purse, my name...I'm fucked.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

OK, I'm beginning to wonder if this is age or annoyance. I am beginning to notice the more I speak to my mother, the less she understands what I am saying even when I am speaking to her face to face. Whenever she tries to recall what she thinks I have said, it has nothing to do with anything we previously discussed. Then she tell's me it's a case of T.M.I. This is worrisome, but of all her children, I am finding this to only be happening in my case when talking with her. Is this normal with aging or selective amnesia? :blink:

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Dude, I'm 35..why the fuck am I having hot flashes. I was tripping at Walgreen today.. I'm looking at vitamins and all of a sudden my mood got weird...er than usual and I started feeling an overwhelming need to rip my coat that isn't even thick off, still I was on fire..I felt all disoriented for like twenty minutes even when I was paying the cashier I was out of it, went to car still all odd feeling.. Like I couldn't think straight. It wasn't anxiety.. I get that and have learned to pop a benzo and roll with it..its apart of me, I get irritated in stores like it's my natural store visit state of mind so it was none of that..anyone understand what I'm tripping about?

• 2 months later...
I'm not going to lie, but this is really beginning to freak me out. I've noticed a trend for “good Christian folks” here in the neighborhood that hit their mid 60's. Everything becomes about demons and the church.
When our next door neighbor to the west of the house was in her mid 60’s, she told our mother that I was sinning because I was wearing pants in marching band. Then she tried to convince our mother that playing Atari was evil.
When our next door neighbor to the east of the house was in her mid 60’s, she told our mother that she was depriving us of the Lord’s teachings because we were not in Catechism. That experience proved disastrous and spearheaded a major turning point in our lives that we never truly recovered from.
Now our mother is in her mid 60’s and is convinced that Skylanders is a game about demons and that the grandkids are not getting enough church time. This is such a turnaround from just 2 months ago when she was laughing at the video game and nicknamed one character Captain Bug-eyed Squid-legs and having home prayer with the kids.
However, in our mother’s case, we are not sure if it is her own thinking or the affects of chemotherapy treatment. If it is chemo then I believe there is a chance to get her back.

• 9 months later...

I've gained so much weight because I forgot about the whole PCOS thing that I was dxed with years ago, well appearantly you don't just get rid of it, even when I lost 70 lbs, it just started creeping up in 2013ish the cyst was back with a vengeance and then the weight came over two and a half years

.all of it..and PCOS weight does this really cruel thing to women, you see, we get it all in our waist and belly, so I look like an egg! I am grateful that I don't have issues with other things women with the disorder get, I'm grateful, so grateful. Luckily I am not balding on top and my hair grows well! Small victories. I still look like an egg, though:(

I'm right there with you Kat.  I used to want to be a comic book artist.  But I ran into a lot of rejection and then age set in.

My hands have arthritis and my eye sight isn't as good as it used to be.

Makes it hard to draw.

22 minutes ago, Neo said:

I'm right there with you Kat.  I used to want to be a comic book artist.  But I ran into a lot of rejection and then age set in.

My hands have arthritis and my eye sight isn't as good as it used to be.

Makes it hard to draw.

I'm sorry to hear that. 

I love to entertain people, overall, if I can get a laugh and make someone feel better that makes me feel that I have purpose. Like, I will say the craziest things, on here alot too just to try and make people laugh, but its the internet and text doesnt translate tone, unfortunately, so I know I am misinterpretted alot.  Lol

I also used to write..Poems first than lyrics, and I sang and everyone said that I was really great, like noone said I was pretty but they said I could sing, unfortunately had I been pretty and skinny I may have had the guts to actually try, like really try to make it. That was the only thing in life I ever saw myself doing was entertaining, on some level, but I went to college and earned essentially a piece of toilet paper and try as I may to find something that I can tolerate with that 50000 dollar piece of toilet paper that doesn't make me cry like nearly every day.

Edited by kat

• 1 month later...

I had much more fun in my 20s and 30s than I am now nearing 50. I'm 48 now and it seems to me that interest in guys my age seems to be waning. Maybe I'm reading too much into it but girls were more interested in me back then than now.  

Any thoughts on this?

Edited by Neo