• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Holographic superstar Hatsune Miku was on David Letterman last night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvairSQRlj0

As much as I love Hatsune Miku, I wish they had done something a bit more true to her character vocals such as:

Hatsune Miku Project DIVA Live-The Disappearance of Hatsune Miku【English & Romaji Sub】

Holographic superstar Hatsune Miku was on David Letterman last night:

Of all the awesome songs she has performed, this was not one of them. What was with the vocal overlay? Her voice was barely audible. They really missed the boat with this performance. I hope they don't blow it again if she ever gets the chance to perform on television again. She has too big a following to mess up like this.

Of all the awesome songs she has performed, this was not one of them. What was with the vocal overlay? Her voice was barely audible. They really missed the boat with this performance. I hope they don't blow it again if she ever gets the chance to perform on television again. She has too big a following to mess up like this.

Makes you kinda wonder what types of politics were going on in the background there... :blink:

I'm just taking it to mean that they are saving all the real songs for the actual performances and this was just a taste of the Expo Intro Song ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly, I saw this story on TVJPN a couple of days ago, but the thing that caught my attention when reading this story was the following:

A fire official told South Korea's Yonhap news agency, "Twelve people were killed at the scene, two others were killed while they were being rushed to the hospital. Others are assumed to have passed away while receiving medical treatment." Officials believe 20-30 people were standing on the grate.

I was trying to understand how the two people were "killed" while being rushed to the hospital...I hope there wasn't an accident associated with this tragedy as bad as things are already.

かわいそう なことですね...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

With so much on my plate I just haven't explored it.  Even when I worked at the radio station and had to give myself a crash course in just about every music genre I could think of (to fill in for MIA DJs)  this never came into play. There is so much good music/TV/movies/Books out there (and this might be some of the best) but my "to be read/done/seen" pile is so massive this just has had little focus.  Even though I am a mild Nippon-o-phile.

• 3 months later...

Hologram Pop Star Hatsune Miku "Announces" 2016 US and Canada Tour

Here’s the lineup for her 2016 extravaganza:

April 23 in Seattle, WaMu Theater
April 30 in San Francisco, The Warfield 
May 6 in Los Angeles, Microsoft Theater
May 14 in Dallas, The Bomb Factory
May 20 in Toronto, Sony Centre for the Performing Arts 
May 28 in New York, Hammerstein Ballroom
And one more spot TBD.

As much as I would love to go to one of these showings, the size of the crowds would be intimidating. :sofa:

:hrhr:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...