I find the silence kinda creepy when I glance in every day...I expected at least a tiny peep about the Iraq war ending, or the Iran thingy, or even the UN waffling over Syria. Even the rants seem to have dried up so I didn't feel comfortable starting one...one persons lunacy over a botched jack and coke on a friday could mean amusement for at least a handful of people, right? I mean seriously I think some attention could to be brought back by a jump start of topics.

The headline gives a different impression now than it did when it was originally posted. Then it was more about the "regulars" being gone, now , without reading the context and content into it its just a straight "why is dgn so low activity".

Which is a different question.

The idea is, as always, lack of activity from one or two key people "beating the drums" to keep the place going. Has nothing to do with outside forces like say FB. The board was a 10 posts a day place, then we started promoting like a year ago and it shot up to 100 a day in a month then 300 a day in 2 months, then i got sick again. And key pepole specficly recruited to keep the activity/promotion going, in that event dissapeared too (which is a bit shocking to me) =/

Doesn't mean we cant re-start the efforts, but it needs to be more than just me this time, I don't have the energy (or the money) which probably wont happen as over the years as soon as i fall off the bus , that's it, a month or two later the traffic goes to sleep. Thats not ego, its just a clear fact, over years and many cycles.

Well I was originally on the Detroitcityclub site for like 3 years b4 it shut down I believe I was CrypticVision on there anywho I've been on DGN for since I think like 2010 I took a sabbatical for a few months u know had to clear my head went to see family in Italy and Ireland and made a stop in Amsterdam but I always come back I mean I actually know a lot of u from the club as I used to be the door guy for a little while what I'm saying is yeah sometimes people do something else for a minute but they usually wind up coming right back. DGN seems to be addictive!

Well I was originally on the Detroitcityclub site for like 3 years b4 it shut down I believe I was CrypticVision on there anywho I've been on DGN for since I think like 2010 I took a sabbatical for a few months u know had to clear my head went to see family in Italy and Ireland and made a stop in Amsterdam but I always come back I mean I actually know a lot of u from the club as I used to be the door guy for a little while what I'm saying is yeah sometimes people do something else for a minute but they usually wind up coming right back. DGN seems to be addictive!

For some of us yes, but for lets call it "the masses" they need the place to be having like 100+ posts a day and a "real life" (like at the clubs) presence, which , at the moment it doesnt. Mostly becasue my car is running like ass and i'm pretty sick, if I had someone that lived by me (westland) that wanted to kick start things, and could stick with it it, the first step would be to start going to CC every week again, but, I just cant realistically do it by myself anymore, unfortunately.

Yeah unfortunately I'd like to go every other sat. To cc but I have no car and I live in ypsilanti so u know it sucks

The post is about where all the DGNers have gone from the board...so if you're not hitting CC, contribute posts!

The post is about where all the DGNers have gone from the board...so if you're not hitting CC, contribute posts!

Its a good point, in that for whatever reason some people just cant "make it out" or , literally dont even live within any realistic driving distance even if they do/did have the time/energy to "hang out" people can contribute in different ways (like just posting) unfortunately even that is a motivation issue if the board isnt already active when they pop on. (just thinking of new stuff to post even if there isnt anything new to respond to or catches there eye)

Although the on-board activity does have a direct relationship to the real-life activity, even if, when the board is at high activity, only like 30% of the board (if that) is actually "going out". (they are posting/being active on board). Its sort of circular (mainly due to the "local" nature of the board I think)

• 2 weeks later...

Lurking is it when you read about 500 post to know what's going on in the scene your about to visit as I hit of cc all the time but as far as posting goes it is hard due to my laptop being stolen. I'm leeching wi-fi at the moment on a psp in the rain risking malfunction to show my dedication (thanks Tim). But in all due respect it may be due to no means to get online or the time to do so. I never left in fact someone almost hit me from passing them a card at cc but I still was passive about it cause I'm jaded. As a matter of fact I need to pilfer a few from some of the regulars as to I'm running out. So this Dgner isn't gone just looking for easier means post.