How Did You Pick Your DGN Name? 2.0

Troy Spiral

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

The first part of my DGN name comes from a nickname my brother gave me with regards to my first favorite movie ever: Disney's 1982 release of the movie "TRON". The second part "RP" is short for "REPROGRAM" since breaking down and rebuilding various forms of tech is a favorite past time of mine (I especially love rebuilding computers). Thus my DGN name: TronRP :biggrin:

The first part of my DGN name comes from a nickname my brother gave me with regards to my first favorite movie ever: Disney's 1982 release of the movie "TRON". The second part "RP" is short for "REPROGRAM" since breaking down and rebuilding various forms of tech is a favorite past time of mine (I especially love rebuilding computers). Thus my DGN name: TronRP :biggrin:

Neat.

Damn, I don't think it would be possible for me to figure out what the first movie I saw was. /ponders how I would go about that.

I remember , vaugely seeing Tron at the movies but the after-image of seeing it was huge in my early childhood, I remember the disc fighting, the light cycles and also the video game that came out real clearly. Plus that 'drooooooooooooooo' sound... which I'm failing at where that comes from... man thats random, but its in my head now...

There was a while where I went by "Lux" on online forums as a nickname. Short and sweet.

One time I encountered that the name was taken, so I decided to come up with something more original. I messed around with the variations and came up with "Illuminatrix."

I liked it, and decided to keep it. It's cute and feminine. Also fun to spell. c:

• 2 months later...

The name Trinity was given to me the time the "Matrix" motion pictures came up in good ol' Europe as some friends of mine said I have some analogies with the character in the movie.

The same time I got tattooed a celtic symbol of the trinity, so I took that name and use it where ever it has not been used by any other in a forum or community.

The shown name Avæna has a story far more complicated, but as a short version one can say it has to do with World of Warcraft and some networks nowadays - actually it's only a part of the name as the last name "Sichelmond" (german word meaning crescent moon) is missed out here :wink

The shown name Avæna has a story far more complicated, but as a short version one can say it has to do with World of Warcraft and some networks nowadays - actually it's only a part of the name as the last name "Sichelmond" (german word meaning crescent moon) is missed out here :wink

it's really close to the Spanish word for "oatmeal."

:)

Ok, thank you for that information ;) -my spanish lessions are some far years ago ^^

The name Avæna comes from an elvish name generator and is the translation of my grandma's name into the language of Tolkien's elves. The last name "Sichelmond" (=crescend moon) has its roots in the history of the nightelves in World of Warcraft - also complicated to explain if people doesn't play this game or read one of the WoW-novels ;)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 5 weeks later...