How Did You Pick Your DGN Name? 2.0

Troy Spiral

Mine came from a quote from the video game Silent Hill 3: "Remember me, and your true self as well. Also, that which you -must- become: The one who will lead us to Paradise with bloodstained hands." I just thought BloodStainedParadise sounded cooler than BloodStainedHands. Meh. I'm a geek.

I said this before, but I will say it again. I came up with the name when I was joining the GB forum back when they had one. I was trying to figure out something interesting. I looked down and one of my personal writing books was open. I had written a story/ poem called Dead Cold Girl. Since I was joining Gothic Beauty, I threw a goth in there. That is when DeadColdGothGirl was born, and I've used it ever since.

"And lo, as the acolyte looked up at the Cows of Destiny, they stared back approvingly...as if to say: moo"

Less epic than quoting a Journeyman Project game...Iris is technically a gamer-tag from playing Ragnarok Online...but it is also so many other things.

One thing that it is not: it is NOT to be mispake as "Isis", unless you want to get a doom gaze from me. I do apologize, but I am not to be confused with the baby-mama of Horus, and host to many a stripper-name.

But, it comes down to this:

Iris is so simple that no one would think to take it; Thus by that logic, I adopted it willingly unto myself.

Edited by Iris

I had heard of the forums and was trying to think of a username to also use as a nickname at the club. I was being really picky. And my friend mentioned using "Evey" as a name she wanted to use for a daughter in the future. Of course, I translated it to Pokemon spellings.

The end.

I mentioned in my introduction that it's my Last.fm screen name, which I'm quite fond of. I came up with that because I like vodka and I like machines/electronic music (the "bot" part). Bam. Was going to be Vodkatronic (on Last.fm) but that was taken.

Long before I joined DGN I had came up with my name The Fairy Gothmother. What started out as a clever Halloween costume a spin on the Fairy Godmother from Cinderella with a goth twist turned into my alter ego and I use it for many forums and screen names. Now days I also use Khaos Kitteh or kitten in variations as well. Still however in the scene I am the Fairy Gothmother and out here I am recognized at clubs and events as such as well. It is even tattooed to me which I designed. FGM for life

One thing that it is not: it is NOT to be mispake as "Isis", unless you want to get a doom gaze from me. I do apologize, but I am not to be confused with the baby-mama of Horus, and host to many a stripper-name.

I'm actually quite prone to such mispake-ings (lol), although I somehow escaped the wrath of Iris and did notice it was Iris and not Isis. Despite the usage of Isis being common around these parts, you know, due to it being a common stripper name, stolen by that damn Egyptian goddess, defiling the sanctity of strippers everywhere.

I had heard of the forums and was trying to think of a username to also use as a nickname at the club. I was being really picky. And my friend mentioned using "Evey" as a name she wanted to use for a daughter in the future. Of course, I translated it to Pokemon spellings.

The end.

"of course... I translated it to pokemon spellings." hah =P nice.

The first time i read your name I (for whatever reason) thought of Evey Hammond, one of the key characters in V for Vendetta.

I mentioned in my introduction that it's my Last.fm screen name, which I'm quite fond of. I came up with that because I like vodka and I like machines/electronic music (the "bot" part). Bam. Was going to be Vodkatronic (on Last.fm) but that was taken.

Its a neat name, sticks out / easy to remember and conjures up a lot of different ideas.

"of course... I translated it to pokemon spellings." hah =P nice.

The first time i read your name I (for whatever reason) thought of Evey Hammond, one of the key characters in V for Vendetta.

I'm fairly confident that's where my friend got the name from as well.

I ate some Ajax when I was a child and didn't die. Don't ask me how I didn't die...it just worked out that way.

Wow. Glad you didn't die. :grouphug

Oddly I wasn't 100% sure what Ajax was used for (always conjures up images of Mythology or a programming language) googled it... apparently its a brand name with a lot of different types of cleaning chemicals under the Ajax label.

I used to write stories. A few of my old short stories in years past have been published in various places.

Raevael was the name of a character of mine in my longest running series of stories. When I designed him, I took aspects of my own personality. Over the years, the character on paper and I became reflections of each other. I eventually shortened the name to Raev. When it came time to choose a stage name as well as an interwebz alias, I couldn't think of anything better.

Mine just kinda snuck up on me.

.......I don't know if I've ever laughed that hard at a post on here, hahahahahahaha.

Mine was my steampunk name when I was all ambitious to be all STEAMPUNKGO two years ago.

Except then I was like lol no thanks never mind.

So. It kind of stuck as a joke name to use as an alias to tell creeps instead of my real name.

and it ended up working perfectly for me.

further on, we realized OH IT REMINDS US OF VNV NATION, YOU KNOW, VICTORY NOT VENGEANCE, VICTORIA VENGEANCE LOLOLOL.

Except I realized there's a burlesque dancer and model who uses the name.

Wah.

Edited by victoriavengeance

i wanted to wait and see if anyone figured out my nick name. i used it for about 25 years as a pen name for pen palling. the fans usually pick up on it. it has to do with my favourite band and one of their song titles. i will leave it at that and see if anyone can guess which band or which song. most of their fans get it right away. i like to leave people guessing since i enjoy mind games as they strenghten our brains and make us wiser.

i wanted to wait and see if anyone figured out my nick name. i used it for about 25 years as a pen name for pen palling. the fans usually pick up on it. it has to do with my favourite band and one of their song titles. i will leave it at that and see if anyone can guess which band or which song. most of their fans get it right away. i like to leave people guessing since i enjoy mind games as they strengthen our brains and make us wiser.

I don't know the band or the song. I noticed something unique about your name right away, though. Maybe it's my love of anagrams and palindromes that so alerted me.

I don't know the band or the song. I noticed something unique about your name right away, though. Maybe it's my love of anagrams and palindromes that so alerted me.

Bunny, i'll let you keep guessing. i like to try to figure things out even if it takes me a while. someone just got it today. it's amazing how 9-10 out of 10 of this band's fans get it immediately. happy you took notice of it :)

Bunny, i'll let you keep guessing. i like to try to figure things out even if it takes me a while. someone just got it today. it's amazing how 9-10 out of 10 of this band's fans get it immediately. happy you took notice of it :)

Hahahaha I think I finally got it. I stared at it for a really long time. I could be wrong, but I think I do.