What Web Browser do you use?

DGN Wide Web Browser Statistics (this maps almost exactly with global trends)

2011 Internet Explorer 24.9 % Firefox 42.4 % Chrome 25.9 % Safari 4.0 % Opera 2.4 %

2010 Internet Explorer 27.5 % Firefox 43.5 % Chrome 22.4 % Safari 3.8 % Opera 2.2 %

2009 Internet Explorer 37.2% Firefox 46.4 % Chrome 9.8 % Safari 3.6 % Opera 2.3 %

2008 Internet Explorer 46.0 % Firefox 44.4 % Chrome 3.6 % Safari 2.7 % Opera 2.4 %

the most obvious thing here is the drop in IE users and the huge increase in Chrome users.

Myself I prefer Chrome and am using it currently.

But since so many people prefer Firefox I think I'll switch to it as my default browser, not because i really want to, i just need to see DGN the way most people see it. Back in the day i used to constantly switch between browsers but the differences were so minor that i stopped. But recently i logged in to DGN on firefox (after having only used chrome for almost a year) and OMFG why didn't someone tell me DGN looks like ass in FF? ugh. lol

I have firefox and safari on my computer, but I mostly only use internet explorer. I only use firefox for class work because internet explorer doesn't support everything I need to do on blackboard. I've wanted to see what is so special about chrome that everyone likes, but I've never gottent around to downloading it.

I use Firefox almost exclusively. I have to use IE to deposit cheques with Michigan First because their interface won't work with Firefox, though when I deposit cheques into my USAA account, I can use Firefox with them. I have Chrome and used it a few times, but I have so many plugins and add-ons with FF I'm too lazy to switch now.

Firefox. I tried Chrome for a while... it has its points, but I switched back. Wondering if Chrome would work better now that I've switched back to cable from the incredibly shitty DSL connection I had for a while.

the very latest version of FF (5.0) is incompatible with a lot of stuff ... which was a the only real "nock" against chrome but for whatever reason they released FF 5 (i guess) without enough lead-time for developers.

I'm now using FF 5 (just started right after I made that post) again... miss chrome /sniffles.

But I'm stuck with FF as long as its so heavily used. More important to me to "see DGN" the way most people see it, than the few features i miss from chrome (and FF seems a bit slower, but not enough to really matter)

there is something about the way FF displays colors, differently from IE and Chrome, so the "banner" and the "halo circles" background color does not match the backgrounds behind them. (along with some other minor glitches that probably only a few people would notice)

I'm kind of in shock at the rise of FF (and especially chrome) you'd think microsoft would just notice ASAP what it was that people liked about FF/Chrome and just duplicated it before they lost users.

• 2 weeks later...

I've always preferred Firefox. I tried Chrome for a bit but didn't see a difference in speed, and I missed my add-ons (though now FF5 won't let me use my old add-ons anyway). They better get the Foxytunes add-on updated soon...

I've always preferred Firefox. I tried Chrome for a bit but didn't see a difference in speed, and I missed my add-ons (though now FF5 won't let me use my old add-ons anyway). They better get the Foxytunes add-on updated soon...

FF certainly has more addons / choices than Chrome does (and is getting close to IE) although for the short term that might not be the case with FF5 , until the developers update their apps.

I used IE / FF since before dirt was invented the only "real" features that chrome offers that i cant seem to duplicate via addons or changes in settings which i miss from chrome:

1. The "most visited websites" homepage choice, that is little thumbnails of the pages you visit the most right on the homepage , there is a "most visited" button/choice but not the home page with icons, at least I cant find it on FF. There are addons that supposedly duplicate this effect for FF, but i cant get either of them to work.

2. Typing in the address bar causes an actual google search in chrome (rather than that default "powered by google" search engine) without having to type >>>>>> over in that "google" box.

(also chrome has much better integration with google apps and such, but i dont really use any of them at the moment so that is moot for me)

A key addon i like called Freecorder doesn't work with Chrome or FF5 grrr.

Switched (back) to FF since I made that initial post as my default browser, I'm still missing chrome but will keep using FF so that I'm seeing the web "as most people see it" for development reasons on DGN.