Why don't you get enough exercise?

For me its (usually) lack of "energy" not motivation exactly, since I think (at least right now, in the last month lets say) i think i'm fairly motivated, but I just get so damn TIRED all the time. Although its a viscous cycle since , the less exercise you get the less energy you have.

Because I am an idiot that stay's awake at night thinking of all the dumb shit I do, how easy I am to manipulate, and than I cry about it all...

I'm well skilled at the fine art of beating myself (well its more of just being bummed out) up and jogging in place / jumping jacks / whatever while having something random on the tv. Seems to cut down on the depression and gives me something to do during my 4+ nights a week of insomnia. Actually does help, when i manage to do it.

Because I am an idiot that stay's awake at night thinking of all the dumb shit I do, how easy I am to manipulate, and than I cry about it all...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww...*HUG* I am here if you ever want to vent.

For me personally I get tired, too busy, don't want to, exercise is not fun and sucks mostly...so no motivation to do it. But that has been changing some with taking martial arts.

I don't exercise because I'm lazy. I haven't a great amount of discipline around any area of self-care because a) it requires effort, and b) I have severe issues with feelings of self-worth that fluctuate unpredictably at times. Being fat reinforces my negative self-image and sometimes I can deal with that in a way with which I feel more secure because its pain is more familiar. Happiness terrifies me. But I've been happy since Scott and I have been together and nothing catastrophic has happened yet. *crosses fingers, knocks on wood, waits for lightning to strike*

I love how exercise feels and if I'm even 20 lbs overweight I think I look terrible, yet I still don't get to the gym enough. I would say it's because I let everyone else spend my time in life, and when I'm not having the minutes sucked out of me, I end up having to take care of my own life.