World Steam Expo

Who has gone and did you have fun?

I know I did my friend Dan and I went as Port Authority storm troopers. Not the Star wars kind. Good music interesting events. Learned how to incorporate some metal working into my leather craft.

My Steam Expo Outfit

248458_218541138171104_100000456573220_799465_7958755_n.jpg

Dan (right) and I (left)

254531_218487214843163_100000456573220_798913_3593081_n.jpg

Who has gone and did you have fun?

I know I did my friend Dan and I went as Port Authority storm troopers. Not the Star wars kind. Good music interesting events. Learned how to incorporate some metal working into my leather craft.

NICE! Saw you guys walking around yesterday actually. Was there for a bit myself (in street clothes) and enjoyed the time spent. Some really neat costumes and the merch area had some really amazing stuff.

Was fun.

I went, it was fun. Thanks to Helena for inviting us to her hotel party.

Agree! Helena's hotel party really helped pick me up outa my sadness (I only just got to the steam expo 30 minutes before the venders closed. SUCKED) but I still had fun the rest of the night. The Bawdy Boys (sp?) where great! LOVED Haley Jane (like always). Worth the big bucks that I lost I guess. :)

Agree! Helena's hotel party really helped pick me up outa my sadness (I only just got to the steam expo 30 minutes before the venders closed. SUCKED) but I still had fun the rest of the night. The Bawdy Boys (sp?) where great! LOVED Haley Jane (like always). Worth the big bucks that I lost I guess. :)

In my opinion, you dont need more than 2 hours at the vendors, you can see everything pretty quick. Was still lots of fun though.

• 3 years later...

WOW!!! Amazing, this is the exact same World Steam Expo event I attended. I even had an outfit for each day over the 4 day weekend. It's very exciting to hear about others who have attended something I have actually experienced first hand.

However, I ended up not making it to World Steam Expo 2012 and apparently something happened causing that to be the final WSE in this area according to Arthur Geissler, host of the event. Unfortunately, this information was an extreme bummer since I was looking forward to attending World Steam Expo 2013 with a guest. If anyone knows what happened, I would appreciate any share of info, please and thank you.

Posted August 5, 2012

[World Steam Expo] Steampunk has been something that I've been...

49868_100000104832396_8158_q.jpg

Arthur Geissler
2:50pm Aug 5
Steampunk has been something that I've been passionate about since long before I knew that what I enjoyed had a name. I've watched that interest grow and evolve for well over a decade and it has certainly been fascinating to see how the community has flourished and thrived in that time. Until recently I had always prided myself as being a part of a 'well-mannered', 'civil', and 'exceptionally friendly' cadre of people. I've even been complimented by the staff of the venues that I have hosted events at and even from random passer-bys over these virtues. But now is the present, and I am more than disappointed with how things currently stand.
I have worked long and hard to put on what many know as one of the greatest events of its kind, and I've done it quite well. With how I have seen things progress in just the last few months alone, I do not see how I can move on in good conscience to reward this behaviour. As of this time the World Steam Expo is on indefinite hold. There are many who will be dismayed by this announcement, but there are others who will rejoice. I have put my heart and soul into Steampunk as a whole and embraced it in more ways than I can count. To have those whom I thought to be my friends and colleagues in the community work so hard to undermine myself and what I stood for greatly saddens me.
I have made a great deal of friends in my time in the community and it deeply wounds me to have to withdraw, but someone has to make a stand. This is a result of the community as a whole that I, and the World Steam Expo, take a bow. I am truly disappointed in so many of you right now.
~Arthur Geissler

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't been able to get back to MI for any of these.... however, we do have AnomalyCon here in Denver, and next year, we will have

Cory Doctorow!!!!!

And, there's an exclusive breakfast thing you can get tickets to with him. So you should all come out and visit Denver next year! :D

http://anomalycon.com