shoegaze/dream-pop appreciation

Simon Bar Sinister

I like the shoegaze sound but I wish more bands did it with crisp untainted vocals. After listening to the Crystal Castles/Robert Smith track, I wish Robert Smith would do an entire album, in at least mostly crisp vocals, with M83..

I like "A Place To Bury Strangers"

When I first heard them I dubbed them bootgaze, lol.

---

(Band name is The Sleepover Disaster)

Modern day Goth shoegazer. That sounds awesome! I'm so sheltered and out of the loop.

Here's a couple classics for those uninitiated. I love these!

The lead singer looks like Justin Bieber dropped acid for the first time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suwIhdHfHFA

--------------------------

As much as I love electronics, it's amazing the beauty you can create with a guitar.

More darker groups should consider picking up an instrument now and then

Modern day Goth shoegazer. That sounds awesome! I'm so sheltered and out of the loop.

Here's a couple classics for those uninitiated. I love these!

The lead singer looks like Justin Bieber dropped acid for the first time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suwIhdHfHFA

--------------------------

As much as I love electronics, it's amazing the beauty you can create with a guitar.

More darker groups should consider picking up an instrument now and then

If you come to Industrial Tuesdays, Ill play you some new spooky tunes :) Also, check out a Something Cold event, you will hear some of that stuff there as well.

@Coffeenated: thanks for the Sleepover Disaster mention - I'm listening to "Funnel Cloud" right now, and it's kicking my ass real good!

:D

I gotta admit I love the song you embedded here. It makes me want to get their album.

Also awesome--Lycia. Thanks Phee. I was trying to imagine Gothic Shoegaze and totally forgot about them

----------

Used to LOVE these guys. To see them AND Lush at Lollapalooza was so awesome.

• 3 weeks later...

If you guys like this type of music, check out Strangewaysradio.com! It's a Detroit based station that plays all sorts of shoegaze/dream pop/brit pop, etc. The station streams 24/7, but we have live shows too. I do Vicious Pink on Thursdays at 10pm, which is old school new wave and alternative. Thursdays from 6pm-8pm we have Simon Raymond, formerly a member of COCTEAU TWINS (!!!) who does a show. Monday nights DJ's Zumby & Mikey from the old Auralgasms days do a show, etc. And I have a new show starting on Wed. March 16th called Black Planet which will be all new, current & classic Ethereal, Darkwave, Goth, EBM, Futurepop, Dark Indie, Deathrock and Industrial artists. Check it out!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I love Godflesh so much, you have no idea. :D

If you guys like this type of music, check out Strangewaysradio.com! It's a Detroit based station that plays all sorts of shoegaze/dream pop/brit pop, etc. The station streams 24/7, but we have live shows too. I do Vicious Pink on Thursdays at 10pm, which is old school new wave and alternative. Thursdays from 6pm-8pm we have Simon Raymond, formerly a member of COCTEAU TWINS (!!!) who does a show. Monday nights DJ's Zumby & Mikey from the old Auralgasms days do a show, etc. And I have a new show starting on Wed. March 16th called Black Planet which will be all new, current & classic Ethereal, Darkwave, Goth, EBM, Futurepop, Dark Indie, Deathrock and Industrial artists. Check it out!!!!

listening right now. love it. Caelum Bliss and Violent Femmes in the span of 10 minutes - can't go wrong!

• 2 weeks later...