LEGO appreciation thread

Simon Bar Sinister

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found an old Lego round canister that's about 15/20 inches tall from the 50's or 60's that was more than half filled with Lego's from that era.

The only thing it's missing is the lid. It's very cool to see the old style packaging that companies no longer use.

Today you get everything in cheap flimsy boxes but not back then. This is pure sheet metal and has lasted through 4 or 5 decades.

I don't 'remember' American Bricks--I say so because they were not in manufacture at the time of my first acquaintance with them. However, I am familiar with them. My mom has a shoebox full of the original American Bricks, which were made of pressed cardboard (uncorrugated). The windows and doors and roofing tiles were the same plastic construction used in the more recent sets.

• 2 months later...

1285677093m_DISPLAY.jpg

http://mocpages.com/image_zoom.php?mocid=228199&id=/user_images/62542/1285677093m_DISPLAY.jpg

Lego blight. I don't even need to express how much this wins. Super goth.

Lego blight. I don't even need to express how much this wins. Super goth.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

How did I go so long without seeing this thread? Legos are so awesome! Not only can you build the toy on the box but you can build an infinite amount of others with the pieces. Your only limited by your amagination. But damn have they become pricey over the years. Im a huge Star Wars nut as most of you know and the Star Wars Lego sets cost a small fortune.

• 1 month later...