What is the last book(s) you read? (or are reading)

Finished pride and prejudice, then I read Time Enough for Love by Robert A. Heinlein for the third or forth time (he's my favorite author):). Now I think I'm gonna read a book called The End of Growth, Adapting to Our New Economic Reality by Richard Heinberg.

I never read that one but i've read a bunch of his stuff, i like him. That whole era of writers is good (asimov / bradburry etc) last group of writers before television became the primary entertainment medium.

Guest Megalicious

The Price of Altruism - by Oren Harman.

I picked it up after my 2nd listen to Radiolabs The Good Show. After hearing about Price I had to know more. An amazingly brilliant, but extremely flawed man, I couldn't put this book down- I finshed it in one massive sitting.

This book not only invaded the scientific, logical part of my brain, it also pulled at my heart strings..... It was a prodigious read- I would recommend it to anyone.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I haven't posted in here...? Odd.

The last full book I read, I finished in June. It was Neal Stephenson's "Snow Crash" and it kept me company while in Japan.

I then picked up "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" by Douglas Adams.

Not too far in to Hitchhiker's, I spotted "Nightwatch" by Sergei Lukyanenko at a Border's. I've been wanting to read it, so I bought it...and my interests have turned to that.

It sucks because I only really find the time to read when I either devote to it, or just before bed. It takes me forever to get through books because of that. :confused:

Edit:

I did post...its just been a while.

Edited by Eevee

Recently finished reading:

The Gone series by Michael Grant

The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins

(I have made the acquaintance of a well-read English professor who is turning me on to YA Fiction that I might have otherwise passed over)

Cold Wind by CJ Box (I favor books featuring wildlife/DNR/National Park workers and locations)

Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro

The Left Handed Dollar and Infernal Angels by Loren D. Estleman (Noirish detective series set in Detroit)

Currently reading:

Fallen by Pete Hamill

When I'm on a roll, I read a book every 2 days or so. I have been on said roll lately. I'm not getting much sleep, but I'm clearing the shelves at the local library quite nicely.

The Gunslinger - first Stephen King novel ever!!!! I feel accomplished. I am all ready plowing my way through The Drawing of the Three.

First books I have read in a good 2 years

Iris - I read the first 2 books of the Dark Tower series years ago. I just picked up the books at a yard sale, and am going to be charging through all of them soon. I've heard wind that there's a filmed version in the works or coming out soon, so I want to re-read the ones I read and finish the rest in anticipation.

Edited by Fierce Critter