What is the last book(s) you read? (or are reading)

• 2 weeks later...

Currently I'm reading the Ranger Apprentice series by John Flanagan. It's quite good as far as teen fiction goes. What pisses me off though is that the last book has already been published in Australia, but it won't be out here till April.

And yes these days I've been reading strictly teen fiction..I don't have to think as much with it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Falling Hard: A Journey into the World of Judo by Mark Law. It's partly the story of an unathletic English journalist who picks up judo shortly after his 50th birthday and it is partly the story of Judo as a sport and a way of life as told by the people who have immersed themselves in it over its history.

• 3 weeks later...

The Greatest Show On Earth (The Evidence For Evolution) by Richard Dawkins.

Best one I've read (and I've read a lot after having finally shed the nonsense i was taught for the first 20 years of my life, in shock how weak the anti-evolution rhetoric is now that I know how to distinguished a good argument from a bad one)

The Glorious Cause: The American Revolution, 1763-1789

I'm almost done, I feel more clear about why we are were we are , but I can't really recomend this book, he spends too much time on minute details that have nothing to do with anything other than really hardcore history nerds might find interesting, and then never returns to later in the book. The first 150 pages are great and the last 150 seem good , but the whole middle of the book is pretty zzzzzzzz. (It is a long book).

I've been meaning to read something on this period of history for 20 years, just never got around to it. Disappointed with this book though, as its often sighted as one of the "modern classics" of the subject.

• 2 weeks later...