Recommend a band/song

Raev

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For anybody with musical interests in dark ambient electronic, cinematic, IDM, Access To Arasaka from record label Tympanik Audio is an excellent listening experience especially for headphones. The track "First Kill" from ATA's first album on Tympanik is a great listen even for those who are not traditional IDM listeners and is definitely worth a try, always the first Access To Arasaka track i introduce people to.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BelIT39zpcY#/watch?v=BelIT39zpcY

For anybody with musical interests in dark ambient electronic, cinematic, IDM, Access To Arasaka from record label Tympanik Audio is an excellent listening experience especially for headphones. The track "First Kill" from ATA's first album on Tympanik is a great listen even for those who are not traditional IDM listeners and is definitely worth a try, always the first Access To Arasaka track i introduce people to.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BelIT39zpcY#/watch?v=BelIT39zpcY

hrmm no sound is commin out.. strange. Computer sound is working... *fiddles around some more*

"anybody interested in dark ambient electronic" lol =D naw no one around here like that! (teasing) Nice to see you on the board too btw. =)

hrmm no sound is commin out.. strange. Computer sound is working... *fiddles around some more*

"anybody interested in dark ambient electronic" lol =D naw no one around here like that! (teasing) Nice to see you on the board too btw. =)

Yeah, I've been gone from thim sight for a very long time, and my musical influence has shifted a bit. Good to be back somewhere where the people are intelligent and interesting though. The rest of the world is so so boring and closed minded.

Yeah, I've been gone from thim sight for a very long time, and my musical influence has shifted a bit. Good to be back somewhere where the people are intelligent and interesting though. The rest of the world is so so boring and closed minded.

I only listen to one thing and only like one thing and have no interest in learning about anyone or anything new! (anybody buying this??) hah

Seriously I am so damn open and interested in so many different things its become a problem, i've had to cut back a little and try to "focus" , I never thought having too many interests and being too open was even possible, been "expanding my interersts and comfort zone" for so long i figured there was no upper limit, apparently there is, but it takes like 25 years of trying to get there. :gathering:

This.

One of the few "ass kicking" bands that I got into. Sadly they never got the press they should have (and burnt out).

At the time I was a lot like the "most music all sucks" type guys we see online on and off. I remember going to St. Andrews having no clue who they were, and being VERY pessimistic about music in general (you know FUCK MODERN MUSIC) and these guys were half drunk, and raging like madmen, and I thought damn... maybe Rock isnt dead after all????

High? Drunk? Not sure , but its almost better that way , more raw. Even fuck up the lyrics, love it for some reason. Last show before the breakup apparently.

tyvm. I will try to post this (and probably fail horribly....)

Just in case

It's a link to the whole album on you tube so you can preview.... I bought the album the day it came out.... one of my all time favs....

yup, fail can't make it take...

Oh and FYI (tv) to your LOL... still figuring out how to respondin the right places without tech support lol;)

Oh YAY nevermind it showed up when I posted :D

Edited by Riochat

tyvm. I will try to post this (and probably fail horribly....)

Just in case

It's a link to the whole album on you tube so you can preview.... I bought the album the day it came out.... one of my all time favs....

yup, fail can't make it take...

Oh and FYI (tv) to your LOL... still figuring out how to respondin the right places without tech support lol;)

Oh YAY nevermind it showed up when I posted :D

Listening to it now...

WTF is this "buy album" concept you speak of? that some internet rumor? :laugh:

(teasing) I used to, you know back when they still had CDs and Tapes (half teasing again, i know they still exist) own more than anyone else I ever knew in real life well enough to know (still do although rarely use them) and lost most of the Gothy/Industrial/Heavier stuff in a car accident. *shakes angry fist* Not that you even need physical media anymore, but I miss the booklets and such and having the stuff "collected" on the shelf.

"still figuring out how to respond in the right places without tech support" hah. That was a good chuckle right there.

This.

One of the few "ass kicking" bands that I got into. Sadly they never got the press they should have (and burnt out).

I always enjoyed this band, mainly 'Midnight Service At The Mutter Museum'. They really deserved to be on the radio more, if they ever were; I think they're as good as any Nu-Metal band and probably could've gotten a lot of that fanbase.

I always enjoyed this band, mainly 'Midnight Service At The Mutter Museum'. They really deserved to be on the radio more, if they ever were; I think they're as good as any Nu-Metal band and probably could've gotten a lot of that fanbase.

It does amaze me now much "new metal" or "new punk" bands sound almost exactly like the fore bearers but the kids have no clue about the bands they are copying from. (not that it applies here just the "nu metal" term sparked that thought) I'll hear "best band evarr!" and I'm thinking really? Sounds like a watered down Megadeath or Sex Pistols or Nirvana... "Megadeath? Sex Pistols? Nirvana? never heard of them."

Suprizing to hear you say Mutter Museum for Murder City Devils, good song, just not one i'd think of as even a top 10 for them, I'll have to go listen to it a few more times, maybe I just didnt give it enough of a chance. . Not that they ever had any "top" songs, I'm not sure if they even ever had a billboard 500/100. (even "fairly obscure but influential" bands often have at least a single song that sneaks onto one of the on the bottom of the billboard lists. (and thus onto the radio)at some point even if briefly.