Recommend a band/song

Raev

This is another part in my community service thread series.

We all have varied tastes, different opinions of good music, experiences and insights that may not be shared by others...

..so lets share them. Tell us why you recommend a certain band/song if you want. Share a video. Pretend a friend new to the scenes just looked at you and said "I'm bored with what I've heard of, what else is out there?"

Yes, I know there are various appreciation threads, repeat1 thread, stuck in head thread...but this is a slightly different twist.

Turn us on to something!

*mod note-don't come in here taking shots at someone or their recomendation. This is being done in a hope that new people can see this thread and reference back to it while exploring the music and finding their own tastes. I'll remove such comments.*

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ego Likeness.

Song is Aviary.

Their website

I don't really hear much about them from the lips of people, so I have the impression that many haven't been exposed to them. This song in particular I find has a nice groove to it and Donna Lynch has an intoxicating voice.

Aviary imo has a classic goth undertone to it that I do quite love. It's the 4th song off of the The Order of the Reptile album, which was released in 2006.

There’s a lot of songs I could post that I recently discovered this month, but as for the most worthy, I’ll have to repost this from the repeat1 thread. As people on Last.FM have said this song is an anthem. It sounds pretty good under the influence as well. :whistle:

Dragons - Here Are the Roses

You Like Dragons...I like you.

AS for this thread, Ill probably stay away. If people are interested in hearing new/unheard stuff, they should go out and support events like "progression" and "something cold".

Guest Megalicious

Why- because it is one of the ONLY songs that can move me to tears EVERY time I hear it. I like the movie version better, I like the lullaby feel... it makes it so much more intimate.

Thank you, I also like dragons. :w00t: <-- Enthused bastard

/threadjack

Come out when I spin, Ill play em for ya :)

@ Darious, Id play Crystal Castles if someone wanted to hear it.

...but it wouldnt be at CC as im not allowed to DJ there....

Edited by DJ Nocker