Southwest D appreciation!

Arandas tire.

Only place I've ever been, where workers had jacks under my car before I was even inside the building. <3 that place.

On a serious note I have to mention American Indian Health and Family Services on Lonyo and Michigan.

I'm in that area every other weekend still, at Renville and McGraw. I'm going to have to pop over there. Isn't that right by the Ford dealership?

When I was a kid we moved around alot in southwest, I remember living on Florida 2 blocks north of McGraw

Isn't that right by what used to be Tarnow Bakery?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't that right by what used to be Tarnow Bakery?

Honestly, I don't know :). Haven't been there in years other then to drive up or down Mi Ave. I should drive through the neighborhood sometime and see what memories are sparked.

Only place I've ever been, where workers had jacks under my car before I was even inside the building. <3 that place.

I'm in that area every other weekend still, at Renville and McGraw. I'm going to have to pop over there. Isn't that right by the Ford dealership?

yeah I think its a ford dealership

I <3z my SW Detroit.

I <3 my old neighborhood.

I <3 the Ogden store. Grew up on it.

I <3 Telway.

I <3 Supreme Bakery.

I went to Priest, Munger, and Chadsey.

Wow never thought I'd say it but I do miss those schools.

Raev and I grew up on like the exact same street.

If everything wasn't so crappy now, I'd love to be back over there everyday.

It's really sad. </3

And omg Raev, I didn't know you worked at Arbor??

I remember when it was Arbor, before it was CVS and the Block Buster was right next door.

I <3z my SW Detroit.

I <3 my old neighborhood.

I <3 the Ogden store. Grew up on it.

I <3 Telway.

I <3 Supreme Bakery.

I went to Priest, Munger, and Chadsey.

Wow never thought I'd say it but I do miss those schools.

Raev and I grew up on like the exact same street.

If everything wasn't so crappy now, I'd love to be back over there everyday.

It's really sad. </3

And omg Raev, I didn't know you worked at Arbor??

I remember when it was Arbor, before it was CVS and the Block Buster was right next door.

Haha yeah. I worked at Arbor and had a on and off thing with a girl that worked at Blockbuster, so I spent my lunches and breaks there with her.

I was very upset when Chadsey got closed down. I'm still thinking of letting myself into that building to take some pictures.

• 1 month later...

do any SW natives remember a Hungarian restaurant right on Vernor? it was in a building that looked like iy used to be an auto repair shop. it was family-run, and the food was awesome. only 6 or 7 entrees on the small menu, but it must've all been incredible, 'cause the place was packed. I only went there once - mid '90s - and I don't even recall its name.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This thread makes me homesick! I grew up in Southwest on Rathbone. Got my first job when I was 16 at Vince's right there on Homer and Springwells. I was there when they changed Wilson middle to Phoenix Academy, lol they thought a new name could change that school's reputation I think not. I miss looking for my picture and my friends pictures in that lawndale liquor store thats run by a guy named ahmed and his wife, they had the best italian subs ever! Is it even still there? lol I need a trip home to see my friends and family that still live there.

Yep, it's still open I was in there two days ago and I found my pic from like 12 years ago:)